So Close - Tam's POV

I internally groaned while listening to Keefe rant about the little fight with Biana. "So, like, I shout at her like, Fine, you do the invitations, little miss perfect, then she totally gets all mad at me and then Foster comes out of nowhere and I get scolded by her. Foster's scary when she needs to be, Bangs Boy." He finished, punching his hand with his fist. I roll my eyes. "Got what you deserved, good 'ole vain blondie." I whispered. He glared at me.

I was only there with Keefe because the others had been shopping at Atlantis for the past hour to get their tunics for the gala, but I had decided to stay, because, well, all my tunics were technically the same, except for the one up was going to wear. It was an intricately designed dark colored tunic with a nice kind of tint to it. But sadly, Keefe also stayed because he apparently, quote and quote, "Already had nice tunics unlike the others." I rolled my eyes.

"I'll go now." Keefe said, standing. "Good, I don't have enough time in my system for more Sencen time." I replied, relieved that he would be going. He shot me a dirty look and left me in silence. We were all gathered in Everglen, where us boys usually hung out. Sighing, I shook my head. That dude was really naive.

I grabbed my crystal, went outside, and leapt back to the place I called home and I entered. Linh was suspiciously standing in front of the door and was giggling like a maniac. I stepped out of the dark entrance and she yelped in surprise. But she quickly regained her composure. I arched an eyebrow. "Linh?" I asked, stepping forward. 

"Linh...?" I asked alarmingly. "What?" she asked, stifling laughter. "What happened?"

"Oh, watch this."

Linh twirled her finger around, and, with her silver-blue eyes narrowing, she collected moisture from the air. The water then curled around her right leg, going up, then down, then to her left leg, then up to her arms until it curled into somewhat of a water necklace. "Cool, right?" she grinned. "Yeah, cool." I said, smiling. "Anyways, I'll be going up now," I informed her, running up the stairs shortly after saying that.

Entering my room, I removed my shirt and tugged one of my tunics on and combed my bangs down so they wouldn't stick out. I shut the door, checked if it were locked once, twice for privacy, and pulled on black pants with pockets on the ankles.

I adjusted my cape on top of the tunic, resting a short part of the cloth around my left shoulder and a longer strip covering my right. I quickly snapped on the crest and I looked in the mirror for confirmation.

I sighed, flew down the stairway, and walked to the door, testing the clothing. I walked outside. "Havenfield!" I shouted, shoving the facet to the light and leaping there. I don't know why I chose that place, I just wanted to see how the others were doing, and how the girls were doing. I don't know why I chose that place, that was just the first place that came to mind.

I knocked and Edaline answered. "Yes..?" she asked. I brushed my bangs out of my face. "Can I check on the girls?" I asked. She nodded and let me in. I ran up the winding staircase into Sophie's room.

I saw them huddled together, whispering? Linh had apparently went there, and so was Marella. Sophie and Marella were chatting and Biana and Linh were talking about preparations. "Tam, what are you doing here?" Sophie asked. I opened my mouth to answer, but saw LInh making a puckered up face at me and I glared at her, face burning.

Everyone faced Linh, but she shrugged. "I came to see what you were doing, and to check if this tunic was okay." I said, moving my cape so they could see. They nodded in approval. "Anyways, what're you up to?" I asked, sitting down on the ground.

Biana clapped her hands together. "So, we've decided that Dex is going to do lighting, Fitz and Keefe will do... what again?" Biana asked. Sophie sighed. "I've only agreed to this only if the gala was more like a human party." she said. Biana rolled her eyes.

"But it's so different!" she protested. "I think it's okay." Marella said, twirling her hair around her finger thoughtfully. Linh nodded. "See?" Sophie said. Biana groaned in defeat. "Fine." "Dex will do the lighting, Fitz will be in charge of the dance floor, Keefe will be in charge of food, and Biana, me, and anyone else will do everything else." Sophie said.

"Anyway, the gala is in... about 72 more hours." I said. Sophie nodded. "About three more days to set up." she said. I nodded. "Anyways, I was told this was gonna be a sort of hybrid-ish themed gala. Care to elaborate?" I asked. Sophie seemed to think, so I fell silent.

"Basically, I'm planning to have some human stuff subtly mixed with the elvin things, you know? Like, a dance floor, fruit punch, a disco ball, even!" she said. The way her eyes lit up as she talked was comforting, and was a nice thing to look at. "Huh," I said, nodding although I had no idea what anything was. 

"Anyways, girls, I'm going to just... get ready." I said. I leapt back home with Linh and flopped on my bed, tired. Tomorrow was gonna be a long day.

probably a bit rushed, but i guess it's fine for now :) also, two updates in one day? surPRISING.