Aftermath and Disaster - Tam's POV

By the time I had screamed her name, she was on the floor all pale and surrounded by little tiny sharp pieces of crystal. "SOPHIE!" I screamed her name loudly, but it seemed like I couldn't hear myself. 

I looked around, gulping, and saw elves mouths moving, open, screaming, maybe, but I could only hear muffled, blurred sound. It sounded like I was underwater, but I managed to still still my nerves and trudge towards Sophie, trying not to step on the broken glass. Screw it. Stab me. Not Sophie! I ran over to her, kneeling down on the glass. In the corner of my eye, I saw Fitz running over to Sophie.

"Don't touch her." I said, picking her up bridal style. Fitz opened his mouth to protest, but I had already turned both of us away from him. "SOMEONE CALL ELWIN!" I shouted. I ran to Havenfield as fast as my legs would carry me. As soon as I arrived, Grady answered the door. "Hi, welcome to– Sophie!" he yelled. Edaline pushed Grady out of the doorway to let me in. "Sophie?" Elwin asked, shaking her slightly.

"Dex, can you pass me that green elixir?" he asked. Dex obeyed and Elwin poured some gently down her throat. "Orange one." he ordered. Dex passed him a stinky orange one. I watched as he dabbed some on her glass cuts and they closed almost instantly.

"She'll be unconscious for at least... Uh, an hour and a half," Elwin said. "If everything goes okay."

"Come on, guys, the time will be spent at cleaning." Grady ordered, sparing one more helpless glance at his daughter. We all hesitantly agreed and ran outside. Biana and Linh were shooing away lingering elves, Marella and Dex were removing all the decorations, and I was cleaning up the dreaded shards.

I noticed Keefe and Fitz were cleaning the farthest from each other. After a few moments of silence, Biana stood up angrily. "Alright, guys. We aren't deaf. What did you say to Sophie that made her like that?!" she asked angrily. Keefe rubbed his arm. "Nothing..." 

"Yeah, well, I don't think it's nothing if it makes Sophie unconscious with most likely a concussion," Biana scoffed.

Everyone froze. Biana turned to Fitz. "And you." she spat. "What did you say?!" I shouted to Fitz impatiently. "Listen here, guys. Linh and I aren't deaf. We could hear our names being mentioned." she said venomously. "Hey, we– I–" Keefe stuttered. "We don't think it's working anymore!" Fitz blurted out. Linh looked startled, then heartbroken. "Wha... wait, what?" she asked.

I walked over to her and hugged her while she mentally broke down in my arms. I glared at Fitz as I pulled away. Biana stormed up to Fitz. "And you, you, for a brother, you're such a JERK!" she yelled, putting her hands up to his chest and pushing him away. Fitz backed away. Biana was free now. Free for me. But... Why didn't I feel excited?

I looked at my feet for a while, then I went to pick up the rest of the shards in deep thought. Why don't I feel different? Well, I mean, I know I hate Fitz and Sencen, but... How do I really feel? I thought. "Sophie's awake!" someone squealed. I focused on reality as the words translated in my head. I dashed towards Havenfield, Linh, Biana, and Marella right on my heels. But I was pretty sure I was the fastest out of all of them.

I burst into the door, seeing a conscious but groggy Sophie. She's awake! She was laying on the couch, groggy looking. She was looking around confused, like she forgot what had happened. "Sophie! Sophie, Sophie!" I said, voice fading.

She looked at me straight in the eye but didn't say anything. Her beautiful brown eyes were gleaming with determination, and... something else. Confusion. I grasped her hand. "Sophie?" I asked when she pulled back her hand. "I– are you alright?"

She looked at me, then Biana, then Linh, then Marella, then to everyone else except for Keefe and Fitz, who had gone... somewhere. Her mouth opened to form words. But those words, the way she seemed to prepare herself before speaking already seemed so... terrifying. Horrible. When she seemed to have regained her voice, she spoke.

"Who are you?"

=

fancy, woo?