The Tables Have Turned - Tam's POV

I stood in front of the seat which Sophie was tied up in. Sure, I felt enough emotions to pass out. But I felt like if I didn't do this, I would die. Which, I figured, I probably would. By who? I shrugged to myself, still watching the brown eyed elf closely. I haven't figured that out yet.

I stood up straighter when I heard the door open. Wait, there's a door? I looked to where I heard the sound and sure enough, a huge wooden door slammed shut behind the mystery elf. "Erm, hello?" I greeted unsurely. He turned around. One word rushed into my mind when I saw his cloak's symbol. Neverseen.

I opened my mouth to yell out in fear. But then my mouth closed abruptly. Hey, now, no need to freak out here, Tam. My mind soothed. I calmed down a bit. The elf smiled creepily then clapped slowly, studying Sophie. "Great job, Song..." His voice sounded eerily familiar, but I couldn't place my finger on who it was. That was frustrating.

I sighed in frustration then my head snapped up. Wait, where am I? I looked around frantically. And why am I so calm?! I wondered. The man laughed. "You've done your part of the deal. Now go." he ordered. "Wait, what deal?!" I asked. His eyes narrowed through the slits of his whole face mask. "The deal. You capture Sophie and I give you the prize." He held up a huge sack of jingling things and I reeled back in surprise. "Wait, I never agreed to this!" I cried. He laughed and shook his head slowly. "My friend, with me, you never have to agree."

My friend? I arched an eyebrow. "I'm not your friend." I spat. "Woah, there, getting a bit heated here, huh?" he asked. I growled at him. "Let her go." I ordered. Now, now, Tam, you know you want her to stay here with... him. You should just take the prize and go! My mind persuaded. I smacked my forehead. Wow, these thoughts are like they aren't mine... I suspected. "Are you, by any chance, a Telepath?" I asked casually. He froze in place. "Why would you think that? Of course not! That's not useful!" he snapped quickly. Aha.

"Alright, then, i'll just go..." I mused, turning around to "leave". If my mind told me to stay again, I knew he was doing something. Sure enough. Come on, Tam! What's in the sack? Go check! My mind urged. I whipped to look at the Neverseen agent and tried to read him. Nothing.

I widened my eyes. "My old friend, this place is only used for Telepaths." he chided. "So you are one..."

I heard a groan. Sophie. She's awake. I glared at the elf first and he scowled back at me. I rushed to Sophie. "Sophie! Sophie, wake up..." I pleaded. I shot a glance at the other one. He was playing with my mind somehow. I just couldn't tell how.

Her eyes fluttered open and she blew out a soft breath. She looked at me, then she tried to scramble away. But she was tied to a seat, so she almost flew backwards. "Tam!" she cried. "Who's that?" she asked, voice wavering. I shrugged and pointed to my mind and she understood.

Sophie, I don't know who he is, but he calls me his old friend...

So you know this maniac?!

Um... I wouldn't say maniac, but I guess, yeah...

"Imbeciles. I can hear you." he scoffed. Sophie froze. "But her mind is...."

"Impenetrable. Look at me." He said. I scowled and walked up to him. "Hey, you know what?" I asked. He tilted his head. Then I struck. I head butted his stomach and he doubled over in pain, wiind knocked out of him. I smiled in satisfaction. Sophie was wrapped in rope, so it wouldn't be very hard to cut through with my dagger...

I pulled out my dagger. I had retrieved it from the Neverseen. I rushed to Sophie and cut her loose. She shot me a look that said, we'll talk later. I nodded and the maniac man got up and scowled at me. He raised his hand and shot a punch. I dodged and cut him with my dagger. He crumpled in pain, clutching his stomach. Ouch. That would leave a scar. Sophie grabbed my arm and we ran out the huge door.

Wow, small room. We ran in a random direction, and I pulled out my crystal. " Alluveterre!" I shouted. I grasped onto me and we arrived at my doorstep.

We ran inside and I spotted a note from Linh. Be back soon. With Fitz. she had written. I sighed and plopped onto a chair, careful with my blade. Sophie stood up and glared at me. "How did I get there?" She asked. I shrugged nonchalantly. She growled. "Don't tell me you don't remember saying random gibberish and apologizing at the end." She mused. I shrugged. "Sorry, it was like something was controlling me." I said sincerely. Sophie looked at me disbelievingly. "So this is why we can't be at peace for once." She mused. I looked up at her. "Huh?"

"YOU DON'T CARE, THAT'S WHY!" She burst out angrily. I looked at her with shocked eyes. "Wait, but I do..."

"Well it seems like you don't!" She growled. I stood up and tried to grasp her shoulders. "It's like you've turned into a completely different person." She said, shaking her heard. I looked into her eyes and saw sadness. "I never changed, Sophie-"

"Oh, you have." She said bitterly. "You have."

na na na navillera :D