HE DID WHAT?! - Tam's POV

I scrambled away in embarrassment. And rage. Did Fitz really just had the nerve to do that?! I grunted and stood up, face burning. "Sorry." I mumbled uselessly. I ran outside, my only goal to get as far away as I could.

"WAIT!" I heard Sophie call behind me. I heard the click of shoes on the crystal stairway. She was chasing me. I put every ounce of strength into my legs and RAN like Sophie's Verminion was chasing me. I ran so fast my eyes teared up. I heard Sophie grunt in exhaustion. I turned around and saw Sophie about three yards away from me. I fumbled for my crystal and held it high. "ALLUVETERE!" I screamed. Sophie was now an inch away from me. I felt my body tingle with the leaping sensation, and right before I leapt, she pummeled into me and we leapt to the place I called home.

I toppled over with Sophie's weight on me once we solidified again. "Sophie!" I scolded. I ran into the house. "TAM! Wait!" She barreled into me. I looked at her. Exhausted. I decided to talk to her with shadows. So, Sophie, brain push? Just to get to me? I sent. She shivered. Y-yes. I looked at her. "So, what were you saying again, at Everglen? You... what?" I asked teasingly. "Tam!" She whacked my shoulder. "No, but really." I said, putting on my dead serious face. She sighed. "IthinkIlikeyouTam." she said quickly. "HUH?" She whacked me harder and stood up.

Suddenly I was hit in the face. With water. I looked up. "Oh, it is so on later." I retorted. She laughed. "See, I knew you two were a good couple!" she squealed.

I sighed and thought about Fitz. Why would he, A VACKER, be capable of that?! I scowled. Well, he was a VACKER. His ancestors were the ones who supported the TWIN law. I glared. "Tam?" asked Sophie. "Uh, yeah?" "Are you alright?" I plastered a fake smile on my face. "Of course! Why wouldn't I be-" "Uh-huh. Fitz already apologized, Tam!" she protested. "BUt he literally, just FIVE MINUTES AGO, he KISSED YOU." I retorted. She sighed. "Right now, I'm reconsidering liking you. I feel like you're a brother to me now." she said. My mind went into overdrive. Friendzone? Really, Sophie?! I sighed. "No. No." I said. She grinned crookedly. Linh giggled right behind us. "Aww, it's so cute!" I smirked at her. "Now it's your turn, Linh!" We both laughed as she blushed profousley. I grinned at her and she smiled and batted her lashes innocently.

"So, I will just be inside." she said. The way she was smiling at us made my cheeks white-hot. I turned to Sophie and she looked the same. "Bye!" she said ina sing-song voice.

I turned to Sophie. "SO, uh... What exactly did Fitz say to you?" She sighed. "Um, he just yelled, screamed, and... k-kissed." I cringed at the word. "And you're OKAY with it?" I asked. She nodded. "I know how he feels."

I scowled and kicked the floor. "But at least I know you won't leave me, right?" she asked. I widened my eyes. "Um, uh, no, uh, well-" Sophie laughed. Then she turned serious. "But really, though." she whispered. My eyes flared. "No, Sophie. Never." We stared at each other for a while.

Sighing, Sophie placed her hand on mine, looking intensely into my eyes. "Thank you, Tam. I really needed that." she muttered. I willed my hands to not shake and I nodded, the sound of my pounding heart filling my ears. "Yeah, anytime," I croaked, my voice failing me.

I couldn't help but flick my eyes towards Sophie's pink lips, and I think she noticed, and I think I'm screwed. I gulped, averting my gaze, but I noticed Sophie's breathing getting heavier. "Hey, Tam, I..."

It seemed like both our voices were failing, but the only thing that could really express how we felt was through our actions. I felt myself be pulled towards her, like a magnet— and it couldn't have only been me who felt that. We were so close, so close I could feel her warm breath hitting my face. "Tam, I..."

"Um, guys?" Linh asked, walking into the room. Sophie and I suddenly scrambled away from each other, blushing madly. "UH, LINH?!" I asked. She giggled and smirked. "I know. That was just for  fun. We can't have that in this pure household."

Then she walked back into the other room, leaving Sophie and I in a mess.

lmao the song that played while i wrote this was kill this love and it made it so hard to write the almost kiss but made it easy to write Linh being a wrecker

Can you believe the original "almost kiss scene" was only this:

"Sophie rushed to me, and..."

that was all until linh interrupted.

yikes