Darkness is Me - Tam's POV

My eyes widened in shock.

She was kissing me?

She was kissing me. Oh my god, she was kissing me. Was this real? No, this is a dream...

She pulled away from me shyly and cleared her throat. "I, um. I think I hear Edaline calling me. Do you hear her? Cool, me neither. See you!" Sophie said quickly, standing up and running away. "Hey, Sophie, wait...!"

I found myself watching her run back, swift and agile. I absently touched my lips. Huh?

I suddenly felt all giddy and I leapt home, running inside and shutting the door. I let out a loud whoop.

"She did that to me... She did that to me? SHE DID THAT TO ME!" I yelled. Linh came running down to me. "Tam? What happened-" She stopped when she saw me panting heavily from excitement. Her lips curled into a knowing smile. "So, you and Sophie, huh?" she asked teasingly. I felt myself blush. "Shut up." I said, voice breaking into small laughs. She waggled her eyebrows. "I knew it!" she squealed.

"She made the move." I protested. "Ah? So she's more manly than you?" Linh teased. "I- Hey!" She laughed and patted my back. "Don't worry. You'll get there soon." she consoled. "LINH!"

Linh laughed and blew her hair out of her face. "Alright, I'll leave you to... whatever you do." she said, disappearing up the stairway. I sighed and shook my head as I sat down. A slow smile spread on my face and I grinned.

I ran outside, not caring that it was midnight. After all, darkness was my friend, and I cheered and yelled my accomplishment into the night sky, not caring if I woke up anyone.

=

I woke up on the large porch. Ah... Did I stay here all night? I yawned and rubbed my face. "So, took you that long to wake up, huh?" I whirled around, fists up. Sophie raised her hands in an "I surrender" pose. "'Morning, Tam." she said. I smirked. "Missed me that much?" I teased. I saw Sophie's cheeks turn pink and I laughed. "Why're you here so early?" I asked, patting down my ruffled hair. "I don't know."

"Then why are you here?"

Sophie turned away. "I could leave, if you wanted..."

"No! Wait, I mean, if you want to, you can, but you don't have to..." Sophie turned to me. "Alright, I'm really truly sorry of what happened last night..." I found myself grinning uncontrollably. "Why be?" I asked. "After all, I should have been the one to do that..." I found myself tracing my fingers along her jawline, inspecting it closely.

Sophie blushed. "Am I disturbing something?" My hand flew back to my side and I looked up, seeing a smirking Linh. She looked at me, then at Sophie with a longing kind of glimmer in her eyes. She shook her head. "So, how are you?" she asked. I smiled. "Fine." "So, SOPHIE, what did you and Tam do last night?" Linh's eyes took on a playful glint. "Uh... Well, not really anything..." Sophie said, tearing out an eyelash. Linh's eyes narrowed. "Huh." She walked inside.

I sighed and looked at the door closing. Sophie looked at me. "So, uh, Tam, what're you doing today?" she asked, fiddling with her fingers. I shrugged. "Nothing in particular." I replied. "Hey, you know how you mentioned once that you wanted to fly?" she asked, eyes glinting. I nodded slowly and Sophie grabbed my hand and dragged me about a half a mile to the edge of a cliff. "READY?" she yelled. "For what?" I asked. "THIS!"

Before I knew it, she had dragged me to the edge of the cliff, and she pushed me over, jumping off the edge as she did so.

iSaNagAe