What Are We? - Sophie's POV

I had a million thoughts swarming around my head at the moment.

I scooted closer to Tam, and then immediately scooted back. I was still pretty awkward, with me not knowing how to act when next to him. Immediately a question flew into my mind.

"What are we?"

I saw Tam freeze in the corner of my eye. He sighed and looked at me. We were under Calla's tree, and I was halfway buried in the pretty long leaves. I felt the heat in my cheeks rise. "Uh, i'm sorry, that was too quick, wasn't it-"

"We can be whatever you want to be." he said after a long pause. I looked down at the ground. I guess that's good enough. He turned my face towards his. "But I'd like it if we were officially together." he whispered. I squirmed and he put his hand away from my face. "Sorry. Uh, carried away a bit. Sorry." he said quickly.

I smiled after a minute. I looked at him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "We'll be together forever, we're never gonna be apart." I said. He managed a small smile. I turned red. "Oh, was that a bit too... a bit quick?" I asked. He laughed. "Uh, no, not at all."

I noticed that he actually never answered my question. But we didn't need to think about that now. We were still pretty young. But we have all the time in the world, a part of my mind chided. I cleared my head. No. We take it at our own pace.

I sighed and closed my eyes. The sky was a bit dark. We stood up. "I think I should get going now. I, uh, is that alright with you, Sophie?" he asked. I nodded. "Yeah."

"Well, uh, good night."

"'Night."

He raised his crystal up into the air and I ran up to him without thinking and before he completely disappeared into the light, I kissed him. He smiled halfway in and he got whisked away into the remaining light of the sky.

I walked inside, widening my eyes at the Verminion as it growled and snarled at me from where it was. I walked a bit quicker.

As I reached the house, something caught my eye. It was shiny. I cautiously walked over to it. It was a small gem..? It was a pale blue, something that reminded me strongly of Tam's eyes. I picked it up and had an idea.

I burst into the house and Edaline smiled as she saw me whiz into my room. I transmitted, Make a small hole to Iggy and held out the gem. He looked at me confusedly fo the first twenty times I transmitted it to him, but finally, during the sixtieth time, he agreed and bit a small hole through the gem after a few minutes of chipping through it.

I nuzzled him for a few seconds before rummaging through my drawer for a string or a cord. I found a beautiful ebony cord, which was a bit stiff, but fit my wrist perfectly. I strung the gem on and tied the cords ends together.

I had a beautiful bracelet, which reminded me of someone's eyes. It was perfect.

I smiled in content as I leaned back and admired my work. The gem was a pale blue, with a slight shine in it, not blinding like teal, or as intimidating as ice blue could be sometimes. This was a intense color, intense as you remembered that he was there for you. He intensely cared, and if someone messed up with me, he would intensely find them.

I smiled and sank down at the edge of my bed. I hung my cape in my bedside and laid down, admiring my handiwork.

I closed my eyes in satisfaction.

slowly approaching the end once again :(