Help Me Remember - Sophie's POV

Blank. Blank world. That was the first thought I had when I woke up from something. I was in a random place, seated down in a large, plush sofa. I was confused.

"No, really, who are you?" I asked, backing away from the strange people. I backed away mostly from the jet black hair dude with silver bangs. He looked dangerous. But he seemed to notice, and he looked... hurt.

"Sophie?" He asked. 

He suddenly looked familiar. His mesmerizing, pale blue-silver eyes, his determined stare, but... why? 

Immediately one word rushed into my mind. Tam. "Are you... Tam?" I asked, confused, tasting the word on my tongue. It somehow felt... right, in a way. He suddenly looked deeply relieved.

The guy with messy black hair in a white lab coat shuddered. "Are you sure she's not... broken?" he whispered it as quietly as he could, but it was still loud enough for me to hear him.

  Broken? What? Broken– Wait... Suddenly piles of memories rushed into my brain, making me dizzy. Prentice. Fintan. Neverseen. Everblaze. ALDEN. My head spun and I sat back down, almost collapsing. 

"Sophie!" Edaline cried, rushing to me. Elwin stopped her. "She'll be fine. I don't think anything's wrong. I believe, in the Forbidden Cities, this is some sort of strong memory loss. I have no idea what it is called, though. Amnesia, I think. But I am pretty sure her photographic memory will help a lot." he said, while flashing a yellow orb around my head.

"But when will she go back to normal?" A cute, jet black haired girl with hair like Tam's asked. I assume it was Tam's sister. Twins. That word rushed in and I pieced their lives from there. Meeting them in dark hoods in Exilium. Choralmere. Linh. Picnic. Mesmerizing eyes–wait, what?

Then suddenly a messy blondie burst in with a teal eyed model. I flinched at the loud noise they made, and my head started to ache terribly. I put a hand on my pulsing temples before being able to look around.

I looked around curiously. "Who are you all?" I asked, looking at the teal eyed duo, the messy blondie, the strawberry hair, and the blonde girl with a concerned blue stare.

They all introduced themselves to me. But they sounded... scared. Worried, even. When it came to Tam, I stopped him. "I remember you. You're Tam. And you're... you're Linh." I said, looking at them. They looked at each other in awe.

While the rest introduced themselves, I sat up. "So you're saying, I went to this... gala? And I had... a disco ball fall on me?" I leaned back. What kind of...?

"So, Grady, what is this place?" I asked curiously. He sighed a sad sigh. "H-Havenfield." He said. I pinched the bridge of my nose. Why did that sound so familiar? Havenfield, Havenfield, Havenfield– Wait, Havenfield!!

"Dad? Mom?" I asked. Their eyes lit up. "Oh, Sophie!" Edaline squealed. "Sophie, we love you so much, but you keep getting hurt..." Grady whispered. I weakly smiled. "Yeah. My lucky charm." I said. They laughed slightly.

Then the strawberry guy spoke up. For the first time, I noticed he was really tall. "So, um, Sophie, what was the Level Three mascot?" He asked. What? He seriously is asking what the Level Three mascot is?? I thought. But I realized- I really didn't know. What the heck is Level Three mascot? "Oh, easy! It's, uh... well, it's the... the thing..." I stuttered. He stared at me blankly. "Um, I mean, I know what it looks like, but..." I faltered. I did know, it was just... so fuzzy! The name in my head... Wait, um, it was forming! Mast... Mastod... Mastodon!

"M-mastodon...!" I blurted out. "Is that right, Deck?" I asked. He stared at me. "I-It's Dex." he said.  "And you got it right." 

"Really? I did?" I asked.