Linh's "good friend" - Tam's POV

I sighed and kicked myself in the shin to wake me up. I rubbed my face. I was so tired, and I didn't even know why. I stumbled into the kitchen where Linh greeted me with a crooked smile. "Good morning. Have a good... uh, sleep?" she asked. I mumbled a groggy 'yes' and flopped into my seat.

I was about to doze off again until Linh walked over to me with two... pans and whacked them together. "WAKE UP! IT'S NOT TIME TO DAYDREAM ABOUT SOPHIE YET!" she yelled. I snapped up and covered my ears, fully awake. Then I blushed. "Linh, really?" I asked. She nodded. "You looked too "ENGULFED" in your beautiful dreams." she said. I laughed.

I stood up. "Linh, so, I've noticed that you've been... uh, not be sound rude or anything, but you've been happier. And teasing me a lot more. Anything... anything happen lately?" I asked. Linh's mouth twisted into a smile. "Actually, yeah! I was waiting to tell you after you were over your 'ogling over Sophie' phase, but you noticed. So, Fitz and I are getting back on great terms!" she said with a smile. I felt myself frown. "I mean, i'm happy and all, but if he even tries to do anything to you, I'm gonna seriously drop  him with the Neverseen." I threatened. She shoved me slightly.

"No, he invited me to dinner tonight! Isn't it sweet?" she gushed. I rolled my eyes. "Sure." She punched my shoulder softly. "At least I don't drool over him unlike someone I know." she said with a huge eye roll. I groaned and she giggled. "Anyways, have a nice day, Tam. I'm gonna go see what I can wear." she said, getting up. I dipped my head. "See you."

"Also, I think you'll need to dress up, too. If you want to see Sophie, then you'll have to... change." she said, running upstairs. I rolled my eyes and smiled. I ran to my room and remembered something. Wait. I was super tired because Sophie and I hung out last night! Oh, now it's coming to me. Wait, but what happened?

I struggled to remember. Oh well. I walked to my closet and pulled out an intricately designed light gray tunic and pulled on black pants. I tugged on my black boots and swung my cape on. I brushed back my hair and made sure it didn't stick out everywhere before I went to Sophie's.

Then something hit me. What was Grady going to do? I sighed and shrugged. I ran past Linh's room, then froze. It hit that I never saw Linh anymore like old times, and I knocked. She answered the door, looking more pretty than usual. "Wow, Linh, that special?" I asked, leaning on the doorframe. She looked flustered and coughed. "Relax, Linh. You look fine." I said, scanning her up and down. "What if he doesn't really like me?" she asked. I looked down at her and put an arm on her shoulder. "I'm sure he will. If he doesn't, he's just missing out." I said. She smiled. "Thanks, Tam." I gave her a hug and she stepped away from me.

"Alright, you should get going now." she said. I nodded. "See you, Linh." She smiled and waved. I ran down and slid outside. I pulled out my leaping crystal and rose it up to the light. "Havenfield!"

As I appeared into the huge field I saw Sophie near the Panakes tree. I walked up to her. "Hey." I said. She jumped a little. "What're you doing?" I asked. She sighed. "Are you alright?" I asked. She shrugged. "What happened here?" I asked. I looked next to her and saw an empty bowl of starkflower stew. Ah. "Dev." she said quickly. I raised an eyebrow. "Excuse me, what?" I asked. She sighed. "Nothing."*

I shrugged and went behind her. "So, how's your day?" I asked. She shrugged. "Fine." She did not seem fine. I went behind her and hugged her from behind and she stiffened. I let go. "Oh, sorry, was that, uh, a bit too- a bit too much?" I asked, quickly grabbing my arms to my sides. She relaxed. "Sorry. No, just a bit... tired." I smiled at her. "Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be alright." I said. She smiled. "Yeah. Yeah, I guess it will be." said Sophie.

*oMG I JUST READ THE OLD REFERENCE OF THE OLD BOOK I MADE AND DJSJDNAKDND ACKKK ONLY THE ONES THAT HAVE STUCK WITH ME FROM WHEN I WAS A WATTPAD FETUS WILL UNDERSTAND IT SKDJJSJJDJJS OODJJDFNND W O A H