Itchy Costumes and Weird Dances - Sophie's POV

At least a week or two had passed since the accident, and I, still, was NOT feeling it.

"Wake up, Sophie!!" Edaline squealed, opening the huge curtains snd shining bright lights into my face. I groaned and buried my face into my pillow. "Come on, it's the first day of Foxfire, remember?" My head shot up. That quickly?! I shot up from my bed. "Wait, already?!" I asked. She nodded. "But you can skip today, if you'd like..." "No! No, um, I can't skip my first day of Level 6!" I said. She smiled. "But are you ready with your costume?" she asked.

My less than enthusiastic smile suddenly faded and my heart dropped.

Oh no... I sighed. "I completely forgot..." I said in defeat. Edaline smiled. "Don't worry. I didn't forget." she said, holding up a hideous yeti costume. I groaned at the fuzziness. "Do I have do wear this??" I asked. "Yup." she said. I saw a smile twitch at the corner of her mouth. I groaned. "Come on, breakfast is ready." she said, placing the costume carefully on the side of my bed. I sighed.

Once Edaline disappeared from my room, I tugged off my pajamas and, quite frustratingly, put on my costume. It was all levels of uncomfortable. It was itchy, hot, sweaty, even worse than a dress! I looked at the mirror and Vertina was triggered. "Oh, dear, good morning-- Oh dear, you look... quite more hideous than usual." she said. I groaned, but I agreed. "I know." I grumbled.

I stepped out of range and ran downstairs, not wanting to be late. I walked to the table and plopped my furry butt on the large chair. In front of me laid a plate with an orange tube in it. "Garanda root." Edaline said. I reluctantly bit into it, reminding myself that it tasted a lot better than it looked. I was right. It tasted like warm banana bread with chocolate chips, glazed with some maple syrup.

After one tiny bite, I ate the whole thing in three bites. "Slow down, kiddo!" I heard the door open, revealing a smiling Grady covered in green feathers. "Hey, Dad." I said. "How's Verdi?" I asked. He chuckled and plucked a feather from his hair. "I think she's giving into the salad. I think." he said, exaggerating with a wink. "If it doesn't work, I'll have to resort to something else... again." Grady sighed, but shook his head and walked to the table, grabbing a piece of garanda root and popping it into his mouth.

I smiled, shifting in the uncomfortable suit. That made it worse. "AARGHH!" I yelled, completely done. Edaline rushed to me and Grady gave me a worried look. "Are you alright, dear??" Edaline asked worriedly. I sighed and glared at the fuzz. "No." I said grouchily. "No, I am NOT alright." I said. Grady grinned. "Oh, give it a rest, Sophie! This is how yetis probably feel, and they deal with it!" he teased. I sighed and grumpily scratched my hip.

"Alrighty, time to go!" he said. I jumped up. "Okay, bye mom, bye dad!" I said. I had gotten really used to calling them Mom and Dad sometimes. I ran outside to the Leapmaster and I hopped in, glancing at a crystal. "Foxfire." I muttered.

Once I arrived, I was greeted by hundreds of prodigies in fuzzy, furry costumes. I felt less bad about myself. At least I'M not the only one suffering. I thought, passing a whining crowd. I looked around for any other faces I could see, Tam, Keefe, Fitz, Biana, Dex, Linh, ANYBODY!

I frantically whirled around when I felt my shoulder being touched. Tam barely had time to move out of the way before I smacked him. "Woah there, Sophie." said Tam. "Oh, I'm SO sorry!" I gasped. He chuckled. "Fine." he replied. He looked at me in his matching Yeti costume. "This sucks." he said, tearing at his costume. I giggled. "I know, right?" I agreed.

He had been held back because he 'didn't' understand Foxfire well enough yet. So here he was, with Linh. Not that I minded...

I shook the thought. He looked so adorable, so fluffy and fuzz filled-