None of Your Business - Tam's POV

AaaaaaAAAAH.

I tore my hands through my bangs, and I sighed. I was having a huge predicament, and nothing would actually make me feel better. I was still leaning on the trunk of the Panakes, although a fair amount of time had passed, and the others were most likely finished with their little meet-up. That meant that they could see me leaning on this tree if they came out at anytime. I should just probably go, I thought, standing up. I stretched my cramped arms and legs before reaching for my home crystal. 

I raised it to the light, but before I could step in, an arm was placed on my shoulder, and I turned my head to see who it was. "Hey, Tam," Linh said. I relaxed. It was just her. "You're still here? I thought you would've gone back already." I said, turning around fully. "Yeah, we just... you know, just finished up the plans for Sophie's gala." she said. "Really? What'd you come up with?" I asked, repositioning the facet so that it pointed to the light. 

"Well, first we revealed our matchmaking stuff, and you know how that turned out..." Linh glanced pointedly at me, and I sighed. "Go on."

"And we decided to make the gala... human themed, or something like that, you know? Sophie wanted it to be like that, so it might be half human, half elf themed, I guess." she mused. "Ah, I see." 

I gestured for Linh to join me and step through the beam of light. As I grabbed her arm, I stepped in and let the warmth of the light engulf me. It felt like I was floating on bunches of feathers, molding into them until I reached the other side. 

Once back home, I sighed and plopped onto the couch. "So..." Linh said, drawing out her o. "Yeah?"

"You know. What happened back there?" Linh asked curiously. Immediately, my cheeks flared red, and I cleared my throat and turned away from Linh when she pointed at my most-likely-red tomato face. "Nothing..."

"Yeah, sure. Seriously, though, what went on back there? You just ran out and didn't come back." Linh said. "Oh, right. Yeah, about that..." I mumbled. "Mm?"

"Well, I was kind of surprised with my results."

"Kind of surprised. You ran out of there, Tam. Plus, nobody even knows what's on your scroll. You just took off."

I scoffed and brushed my bangs off my face as I studied Linh's face. "Yeah, sure. Keefe totally wouldn't open my scroll and read the contents out loud." I said loudly. Linh seemed surprised. "What, that actually happened? I just knew you were lying, since your eyes were doing this shifty thing." I said.

"Well, your little prediction of what happened actually happened back there. Are you, like, a seer or something?" Linh asked curiously. "No, I'm a Shade."

Linh shook her head. "Anyways, to be honest, we were probably as surprised as you were when Keefe blurted out the results. I mean, I tried to get him to not say anything, but the elf never listens," Linh said, shaking her head like a disappointed mother. "He doesn't, doesn't he?" I agreed. "Anyways, I bet you weren't as surprised as I was. I mean, Sophie Foster as my number one? I'd honestly be surprised if she were even on my scroll, but number one?" I said exasperatedly. 

"So you don't want her to be your number one?"

I shook my head and waved my hands in front of myself quickly. "No, I never said anything of the sort!" I said. "Oh, so you do want her to be your one?" Linh said, changing her tone of voice. "Hey, I never said anything like that either!"

"You totally like her." Linh said, a smile appearing on her heart-shaped lips.

"No, I don't!"

Linh hummed in disbelief. "So, what, have you two met up secretly? Did you have any plans? You know, like–" I groaned loudly. "No, Linh, we did not meet up secretly, and have not to this day." said defensively. 

"Are you saying that to protect your reputation? Because if so, please remember that you have no actual reputation to uphold amongst the public eye, and that if you're embarrassed to tell everyone that you and Sophie are a thing, or that you like Sophie, then I totally get it." Linh said jokingly.

"See? I'll even conduct a test!" Linh said, gasping and clapping as if she had the best idea ever. "Really? How will you do that?" I asked, crossing my arms and brushing my bangs to the side. "I'll just say her name billions of times, and if you react, then it's a yes." I sighed. "Linh, no–"

"Ready? Go."

Linh cleared her throat. 

"Sophie, Sophie, Sophie, Sophie, Sophie Foster, Sophie..." she began, counting off her fingers. I couldn't help the grin that surfaced from my lips as I thought of how badly Linh wanted to know if Sophie and I were a thing. I mean, sure, it was impossible to deny that Sophie's golden locks and sparkling brown eyes could captivate anybody who really looked in, but I wasn't really into that stuff now.

"See? You smiled!" Linh said accusingly. My grin faded quickly. "No, I was just thinking." I said in defense. "Of Sophie?" Linh asked, playfully wriggling her brows. "No. Geez, you say her name more than I have in one time. It's like you have a crush on her!" I exclaimed. "No way!" Linh squeaked. "And you might just be saying that because you're jealous," she said, grinning playfully.

 "Linh..." I said warningly. "What?" she asked innocently.

"In all seriousness, though, I currently have no feelings for Sophie at all, and–"

"Wait, Tam. You said 'currently', so is there any chance...?" Linh asked, raising an eyebrow. I sighed. "No, unless some kind of voodoo magic comes up and we both find some kind of attraction to each other. Otherwise, there's probably no chance that will happen." I said. 

"Seriously though, Tammy, you know you can tell your kind-of-little sister everything, right?" Linh asked, crossing her arms. I blinked. "Linh, you're literally olde–"

I was cut short as she put her finger up to her lips in a 'shush' motion. "I know, but since you keep not wanting to tell me the truth, then I'm trying to let you see me as younger so that you can confide in me." Linh hummed, seemingly satisfied with her strange plan. "But with that reaction, I don't think it's working. But still– you know you can tell me anything, Tam, I won't judge."

I nodded slowly, unsure of where she was going with this. "Yeah, uh, thanks," I said.

"And by everything, I mean, everything, including dating and stuff..." Linh continued. I let out a groan and threw my head back. "Linh, first of all, I probably would have if you hadn't said this, and second, that's just being nosy." I said defensively.

"No, that's being nosy in your standards." Linh corrected.

"Yeah, but they're my standards. Nobody else's standards but mine." I pointed out. Linh sighed in fake defeat. "Fine, you win this one. But Tam, I just need to you to remember something." Linh said seriously, looking at me. "Go for it," I said.

"If you two start dating, I'll know I was right and that you were just too embarrassed to tell me the real truth–"

"LINH!"

"Sorry, sorry." she said, giggling. "Anyways, I should really be heading up now. It was good talking to you, Tammy." she said, bouncing over to the stairway. Poking her head from the banister, she smiled a heart-shaking little smile. "Good night to you too, Linh." I said, unable to stop the smile from erupting from my lips.

"See you later!" Linh called, her voice fading out as she skipped up the stairs.

I sighed and sunk back deeper into the couch, rethinking if I really meant what I said to Linh.

oof, im sorry for the wait. anyways, that was just a chapter of linh acting like every rare sotam shipper, and i hope you enjoyed it. new chapters coming up quicker, i promise. <3