Fate - Tam's POV

I ran an hand through my hair, something I barely ever did.

Something was wrong. Like me and Sophie were slowly drifting away from each other. She smiled like she didn't care. She lived in her own world most of the time, oblivious to everything. It was killing me inside, really. But that didn't matter now, did it?

I rubbed my eyes and leapt home.

-

I welcomed Linh with a strong, protective hug. She hugged back, but with more bliss. I pulled away. "What's up?" I asked. She squealed. "Fitz asked me out again." She sighed dreamily. I fought the urge to roll my eyes, for her sake. "Really? That's amazing. I'm happy for you, Linh." I said genuinely. She smiled widely.

"Thanks, Tam."

She lifted up a finger suddenly and a sphere of water splashed onto my face. "Hey! What was that for?" I asked sharply. She shrugged. "I thought I needed to water-slap the weird but adorable loving-ness that's inside you right now." She teased. I rolled my eyes with a smile in my face. "Whatever."

I sighed and sat down. Linh sat next to me. "What's wrong, Tam?"

"Nothing."

"Come on. I can feel that something's off."

I sighed. "Fine. I'm just wondering about me and Sophie." She looked at me. "Ah. You two have problems or no?" She asked. "N-no, I don't think so." Linh raised an eyebrow. "Huh. Maybe you should visit her for a minute or two. You haven't done that for long." She said. I shrugged. "Actually, that may be a good idea. Thanks, Linh!" I said, heading out the door. I fumbled around my pocket, bending down to my ankles. I finally found the Crystal I was looking for. I rose it up to the air, not even bothering to day anything.

I arrived at Havenfield and I knocked at their door. Edaline answered. "Oh, yes?" She asked. "Oh, wait. Sophie, isn't it?" She asked. My mouth opened then closed. I just nodded. She laughed softly. "Come on in." She said, gesturing inside. I walked inside and thanked her, then ran to Sophie's room where she was jamming out to her iPod.

She noticed me come in and she took off an earned. "Oh, hey, Tam!" she said with a smile. I nodded in regard. "What brings you here?" She asked. "Oh, uh... just wanted to see how you were doing." I said she nodded. "Uh... cool?"

I sighed and sat down next to her in her bed. "I.. was just thinking."

"About what?"

"You and me."

She looked surprised. "W-why? Is there something wrong?" She asked worriedly. "No! No, not at all. We just barely spend time anymore." I said softly. Her muscles relaxed and I sighed in relief.

"Yeah. You have a point. We've never really gotten alone time, really." She replied with a shrug. I shook my head slightly. "You're right."

She grinned at me. "Aren't I always?" Sophie asked. "...No." She looked wounded. She gasped dramatically. "How DARE you?!" She asked. I shrugged. "...I dare..?" I said cheekily. She grinned and moved closer to me.

I felt myself blush slightly. She rested her head on my shoulder and I sighed. Her cheeks were slightly rosy. "You know, I haven't told you this for a long time." I began.

She grinned. "I love you." She said. I sighed. "..Yeah. That." Her grin got wider and so did her blush. "Yeah. Beat you to it, though." She said. I rolled my eyes lovingly. "Fine. Fine, you beat me." I said. She pumped her first up. "Yes! You admitted defeat!" She said, standing up. I felt the corner of my lips twitch. "Nuh-uh."

I smiled and stood up next to her. "Well, I ought to get going now. I just wanted to.. tell you that." I said. She walked to me. "Seriously? Already?" She asked. I shrugged. Then a small smile crept into my lips. "Yeah, but only after I do this."

I leaned in and kissed her.

Then I walked to her door, turned to her, who was furiously blushing, saluted her, and walked out.

I grinned as I reached for my home crystal.

strawberry oh so sweet