This Isn't Me, Liar! - Sophie's POV

the day of the gala~

I took in a shaky breath, mostly from Biana un-strangling me from something really tight that was on my waist. It was a tape measure. "Alright, ready!" she squealed. I groaned in relief. I had just spent at least an hour or two trying to survive painful hair pulling and strangling.

"Mirror!" she squealed to me. I rolled my eyes and let her push me towards Vertina. "Oh, my, goodness!" she squealed loudly. In the reflection, I saw Biana nodding in agreement, a proud smile on her face. Why is everyone squealing so loud today– I suddenly gasped, looking in the mirror. I saw a girl with beautiful blonde hair in a braid curling around the head, face with just the right amount of make-up on. She was wearing a pretty red dress.

"Who is this?" I asked. Biana smiled. "You!" she said. I shook my head. "No, it's not, she's so pretty..." I said, open-mouthed. She grinned. "It's you, Sophie. You're pretty." she said, patting my shoulder. "This isn't me, liar!" I said. "Oh, yes it is. You're very pretty, you know that, right?" she asked. I smiled. "And the Verminion is my pet." I said sarcastically. Her grin went wider. "I'd like to see that at least once, you and the Verminion having some quality time." she said. I laughed. "As if."

"Come on, come on, let's get out." she said, pulling me by the arm. I sighed and rolled my eyes, but not without smiling. "Wait! Make sure not to ruin your hair!" she reminded me. I nodded. "Yes. Fine, mother." I said sarcastically. She smiled and rolled her eyes. "Man, our eyes sure are getting exercised." I said out loud. 

Biana was hunched over laughing for about five minutes after that.

After the five minutes, she sat up straight, wiping her eyes carefully. When she saw me staring she spoke up. "Gotta– gotta watch the makeup." she said. I laughed. "Come, let's meet the boys." she said. "Could we go to the gala place, though?" I asked. She nodded. Just then, Grady and Edaline came. "Hello!" Edaline squealed. "You're so grown up, Sophie..." she said, looking me up and down. Grady looked at me with a suspicious expression.

"Don't you think that dress is a little... low?" he asked. Edaline pushed his shoulder. "She'll be fine, Grady." she said. I laughed. "Mom's right, Dad." I said. He smiled. "But if any boy is being all fresh to you, tell me and i'll--" "DAD!" He put his hands up in surrender. "Fine." he said. "Hey, Grady, I think I saw something REALLY cool. Over there. WAAAAAAY over there." Edaline said, pushing him over to the left. She winked at me and I smiled.

"Hey, it's Marella and Linh!" Biana said, nudging my shoulder. I went to run to them, but the horrible heels slowed me down horribly. After one hour of limping, they came to me. "Shoe troubles?" they asked. I nodded, annoyed. They laughed and showed me a way to walk without trouble, and I thanked them.

"Wow, hard to think that the boys are taking longer than us to get ready." I said. They laughed and nodded. "Well, there's Keefe." Linh said. My smile decreased slowly. "I wonder what's taking so long?" I wondered out loud. "Um, their changing?" Marella suggested. I nodded. "But it's probably the hair." Biana said. I agreed.

"Cause there's Tam and Keefe and Fitz... I don't think Dex really cares though." I said. "Yeah, but he fixed up the lighting and stuff, so there's that... Anyways, let's check out the decorations." Biana said. I had showed them how to make cupcakes, and they had all agreed that it was almost as good as mallowmelt. Although for me, cupcakes were just cupcakes.

"Wow, you listened to my dance floor request..." I said, staring at the large, crystalized, illuminated floor. Biana nodded proudly. "It's awesome." I said. 

"Thanks."

 We looked around, looking at, wow, there was a punch bowl! I looked in surprise. "Wow, there's a lot of food." I said.

Biana nodded. "So, Sophie, who are you going to pick?" she asked. "Huh?" I asked, confused. "Suitor." she said. I grimaced at the word. Suitor. Ugh. My nose crinkled in disgust. "Anyone you think you'd like?" she asked. I sighed. "Well, I just met a guy recently..." I said, thinking. It was true though, I had met him at Foxfire recently, and he seemed like a great guy. He was good looking, (and his name was JOHN CENA) and his name was Damian Bellator.

We chatted a bit and we were... kind of friends? "Really? Who?" asked Biana. "His name was Damian Bellator." I said. "Oh, really? He nice?" she asked. "Yeah!" I said. "He's pretty hot, too." Biana guessed. I nodded. "Well, he's real nice, too." I said. She smiled. "Bring out the wedding bells! Ding dong, already! Sophie's found her match!" she whispered to me, grinning at my somewhat annoyed facial expression. I glared at her and punched her shoulder softly, the act earning me a laugh from the other girl.

"Anyways, I'll be sure to call the boys on the Imparter, and see how they're doing." I said. Biana nodded. "Good idea. They're taking way too long. But be sure to be back before your Gala!" she said. I nodded and pulled out my Imparter. "Because if you miss your own gala, I'm going to revolt and things will go absolutely chaotic–"

"Okay, I get it." I said, laughing. She flashed me a bright smile before beginning to walk away. "Remember, be in time! At least just this once!" she called behind her shoulder. I sighed loudly. "I know, I know. Thanks for the reminder, though!" I called back playfully. 

"No problem! Also, be sure to call the boys; they're taking decades, and..." 

Biana's voice faded out as she walked farther and farther into the distance, before leaping away to who-knows-where. 

I felt a tiny smile make its way onto my lips as I pulled out my Imparter.

yeet i guess this is a good enough chapter :)