The Late Manager

Evelina's POV

Ring! Ring! Ring!
Groaning I opened one eye and shut my mobile phone off.
Urgh my head is aching!
I felt like someone was pulling my hair off my head and I seriously did not like that idea at all cause I loved my hair. Despite the fact that I sometimes feel lazy to tame it.

Hesistantly I finally got up rubbing my sleepy eyes and dragged myself out of my room to the bathroom.

"Good morning Velina!" My Mama and Papa greeted enthusiastically. How come they are so energetic in the morning?!

"Good morning Mama..." I said yawning and made my way to the bathroom.

Being the stupidest and clumsiest girl on earth, I walked without opening the bathroom door and my head knocked against it.
"Oww." I hissed rubbing my forehead.

"Hahaaa....Now you are definitely awake Velina!" My brother Evan said laughing hard while eating hia toast.

"Shut up Van." I glared at him.

I twisted the door knob but it would not open. God don't tell me this is actually happening to me right now!

"Ed! Open the door!" I banged my fist on the door.

"Velina! You are the one who woke up late! It's not my fault!" He told me and honestly it was really pissing me off.

"Edvard! I am getting late! I have to go to work! Come out!" I banged once more.

"I did not tell you to work. You could have stayed at home! See? The result of not listening to elders!"

Yeah! And now I am really regretting it! Shaking my head I remembered how I fought to be able to work that is to be independent.

****Flashback****
Four years ago

"Mama! I want to work!" I said.

"But Velina you just turned 18. And you are a billionaire's daughter. Why working?" My Papa was being stubborn for not agreeing.

"I want to be independent! I don't want to depend on you for all my life." I explained them.

Everyone was there. My Mama, Papa and my two evil brothers.
But what is good is that Edvard/Ed is the sensible and responsible one as he is the eldest and Evan/Van well...he is the cool guy type. After all he is a fashion designer and as for Ed, he handles the Storm Company.

"Please Mama, Papa. Please. Please Ed and Van." I had put on my cutest face ever knowing that they would definitely give up.

"Okay. Okay. You can go to work." Ed was the one to answer but not after thinking for a good thirty minutes.

"But Ed how where will she work?" My Mama asked.

"And why work?" My Papa was not getting over it.

"At Aunt Lillian's restaurant. You remember she gave you the restaurant before her death.
Since it is closed. We will reopen the restaurant and Velina will be the Manager." Ed explained and this seemed to relieve the stress the parents was having.

"That's a good idea." They agreed and of course I was very happy.

"Our little sister is going to work." Van said dramatically.
I hit his head and laughed as I knew he was teasing me.

***End of flashback***

That day I was jumping with joy but now I feel like I am dying because of sleep deficiency.

After what seemed forever Ed finally opened the door with an inoncent smile on his face then it changed to a playful one.
"Still with the Hello Kitty PJs?" He asked eyeing me from head to toe surpressing his laughter. God what is happening with my brothers laughing at me today?!

I rolled my eyes and went to the bathroom. I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I took after my Mama's body type that is curvy and I have long straight blackish-brownish hair that run to my ass. Being a curvy girl, I am bound to have chubby cheeks and plum lips. My eyes are doe-like and they are brownish in colour. I took those beauty after my Papa. I am also half-human and half-vampire. That explains why I don't have any abilities. So, I just live my life as a human like any other people. But my family does not show that I am different from my brothers. They always support me whether I am not a vampire or I am a curvy girl.

While my two brothers well, they have the same eye and hair colour like mine the only difference is that they are both athletic. They have those dreamy body type-six pack abs, hard chest, V-line and the muscles. And they are both vampire. Ed has the hearing ability like Papa and as for Van, he has the transport ability and he got it from Mama's father. He can go wherever he wants on a matter of seconds. They are taller obviously than me and by taller I mean very tall as I am the shortest in the family even in our gang.

Our gang consists of course Ed, Van, Amelia, Alexander, Jaxon, Jason, Leah, Olivia, Isabella and I. We've been together since we born. We are surely inseparable. By the way everyone got their mates in the gang except for Ed and I. That's why whenever we would go to pubs. We would always stick together.

I was cut off of my thoughts when I heard a knock on the door.
"Velina? It's 8.50hr. Hurry up!" My Mama shouted.

Damn! It's 8.50hr! And I have to reach the restaurant at 9.00hr! I am soo late now! How can a manager be late?! How will the waiters and waitresses enter the restaurant?! The keys are with me! Damn! Damn! Damn! I cussed repeatedly.

Hurriedly I opened the shower tap while brushing my teeth under the hot shower. When you get used of being late...

I poured the bottle of Nivea Bodywash on my body and scubbed like I was a monkey in itch.

Then I dried myself and wore my robe and got out of the bathroom and ran to my room.

I opened my closet and picked out the black dress Van made for me. The advantage of having a fashion designer in your house...

It was a tight dress but not fully tight like I was like a sausage in it. It was tight enough to hug my curves. For makeup, I did not apply too much, only a wing liner and a red lipstick. And of course the highlights.
I chose to wear my nude heels as it matched my dress perfectly.

After I finished, I took a last glance at the mirror and ran downstairs.

"Bye everyone!" I shouted while grabbing a toast stuffing it in my mouth.

"Hey I can transport you!" Van said running.

"Oh yeah! I forgot! Silly me." I stopped and waited for him to reach me. I wrapped my arms around him and we arrived at my destination within seconds.

Hellooo everyone! So we are going to meet here in the book 'The Satan's Eve' from now on!
What do you think of Evelina and her family? Comment dow your thoughts and vote vote vote!
Bye.❤