Digging My Own Grave

Evelina's POV
"Yes grandpa. I am sure of myself." I told grandpa with a serious face. I was at the palace in the library.

Grandpa was sitting in his leather chair like a king on his throne.
"But Evelina. This is too quickly. I mean you should know him well first, right?" He stood up and walked to me.

"He is my mate grandpa. I can't let him drown himself. I should save him." I don't know if what I was saying would be good or not, but I really felt that strange feeling in my heart building up since the day John told me that marriage is the only key to save him.
It's been past 3 weeks and I could not get over this, so I thought of taking this decision. I know...I know that this will change my entire life, but I can't help it...
I really have to save him...no matter what.

"I understand Evelina. But what about your family? How are you going to tell them?" He asked worriedly. His eyes soften.

"I'll definitely do something about it grandpa. So, don't worry about it." I smiled faintly at him.

"Oh my little babygirl is growing!" Grandpa engulfed me in his big muscled arms tightly.

------------------------------
Returning home, I was still in my room thinking. Thinking of what I could come up with to tell my family about my mate. I definitely can't tell them that he is someone filled with hatred. They might kill him on the spot!

Taking a very deep breath, I made my way out of my room to the living room. Luckily everyone was at home. Even my two evil brothers, afterall it's sunday.

I walked slowly with my head down. You can do it Velina! Just go and tell them!

"Umm...Mama, Papa." My voice came out more like a whisper but I guess it was loud enough as they whipped their head towards me including my brothers.

"Yes Velina?" Mama asked smiling. How I don't want to destroy that smile...

"I-I want to tell you guys something." Nervousness was building inside of me.

"Yeah. Tell us Velina." Papa asked this time and everyone was waiting for me.

"I-I found my m-mate." My head was still down.

"Really?!" Mama exclaimed. I looked up arching an eyebrow seeing her jumping with joy. I don't know if you are going to jump after I tell you what I want to do Mama...

"A-And I want t-to m-marry him." I closed my eyes and waited for them.

"Marry? But we've not met him! I'll only marry you to him ONLY if he is approved as a good husband." Mama was still happy. Of course she would be. She waited so long as well as you the day you'll find your mate...

"Velina...he is your mate. We understand. Since when you've been knowing him?" Papa asked calmly. Not sign of anger or hatred towards me. But...is he going to be calm when he will know that Adam is not someone that knows love?

"I've been knowing him since...umm 3 months?" Yes. I lied as I did not know what to tell and it came out more like a question than an answer. Fortunately they did not notice my lie as Van said.
"3 months?! MONTHS?! And you did not tell us that you've found your mate?!" He was screaming making all of us sticking our fingers in our ears.

"Yeah! We thought you are our sister!" Ed held the back of his hand on his forehead dramatically.

"Van stop screaming! And Ed you were never a drama queen! So stop this!" I said irritatedly. God! These brothers will surely drive me crazy one day!

"I know it's my fault that I did not tell you about my mate as...I was not ready..." I said hoping they would buy my lie.

"Ed! Van! Stop teasing your sister!" Mama glared at them but I knew her anger would fade soon.

"Anyway Velina we want to meet your mate. Call him here. we want to know if he is capable of our daughter or not." Papa said in a very serious tone.

"Yeah! I would like that too!" Ed cracked his fingers.
"Me too." Van smirked like a pure devil. Uh oh...
I smell danger...

"O-Okay I'll call him here." I nodded at them.

"But there is one thing we don't know." Van brought his index in the air raising his eyebrows.

"What is it?" I asked cocking my left eyebrow.

"Your mate's name. Who is he?" He asked with his index still in the air.

"Adam Vernom." I replied hoping they would not know him very much as they are also in the business stuff as Asshole.

"Adam Vernom....hmm...I heard that name before....oh yes! I remember! He is the youngest Entrepreneur who has succeeded in growing his company worldwide." Wooww...I did not know that...so the Asshole is someone hardworking...

"That's good to know that at least he is like us. In the business game." Papa crossed him arms smiled.

"Okay so it is decided that we are going to meet him. Well you will tell us when we will see him and then we will decide if he is approved or not." Papa said looking forward in meeting him.

"My babygirl Velina has a mate now! Oh God thank you so much!" Mama hugged me tightly. I don't know if you will be that thankful when you will know how that Asshole really is...

And I know that moment I was digging my own grave....

Hellooo my fellow wattpad readers! So this is chapter 7!
What do you think of Evelina? Of her decision? How is it going to be? The meeting of her mate?
Well find out on the next chapter! Bye.❤