The Meeting

Adam's penthouse on top.👆😍

Adam's POV
"There is no way in hell that I am going to do this!" I stood up from the well polished furnitured chair abruptly and said furiously. I possibly could not think that John would do something horrible like that to me. He was contributing with that mate in making my life miserable!

"Adam. You are going to meet your mate's parents and that's final!" His tone was stern showing his authoritative nature. But was I scared?

"Hmp! You are definitely imagining things that I am going to agree. I know you are like my grandfather and you adopted me. But that doesn't mean I am going to listen to your every word." I crossed my arms and looked at him in the eyes with my eyebrows dangerously pulled together. If John did not know me well, then I guarantee that he would be probably having jelly knees.

He cocked an eyebrow and smirked at me. How much I don't like that smirk...
"Look Adam. You may be the most eligible Entrepreneur now but let me tell you, I am also someone who has enough power to bring your Company down." His words stung my insides. My Company. My hardwork. My sacrifices. All will be gone with just a no?

I closed my eyes pressing my eyelids hard. No! This girl isn't going to ruin my hardwork! If it means to meet her parents to save my Company...then I'll do it.

Opening my eyes, I see John starring at me intently waiting for my answer.
"All right. I'll go." I told him like we were having some sort of an important conference and we've come to an agreement.

I turned my back making my way outside that huge palace. I honestly liked this place. It's warm and...lovable.

I went to my black Lamborghin, popped my sunglasses on and hit the engine to my penthouse. Now that I calculate it, it's been two years when I left the palace. It's not like I wasn't happy in staying there, but I wanted to be independent as John helped me too much. I did not want to become a burden on his worn-out shoulders.

Taking out the keys, I searched for the right one and inserted it and opened the door.
Once I entered I was meant by a back. Someone's back.
"Sometimes I regret giving you spare keys, Theo." I said placing the keys on the dining table.
And yes. You heard it right. I gave Theo spare keys as I have blood deficiency which means I lack blood in my body. Truthly speaking it sucks being a vampire who has anemia.
One day I came home late from the office due to some serious meetings and I was feeling very light headed. It was as if I as on air and all of a sudden I had a terrible migraine and black out.
I was weak that I could not even have the courage to open my eyes. I did not show up at office for two days as I was lying flat like a dying rat in the floor.
Then being the good elder brother he is, Theo came hurriedly at my place. With his vampiric strength, he broke the door and saved my ass.
He knew that I haven't actually been drinking either blood or the supplements due to the work and my face looked dead.
Well then he gave me some supplements but I still drank some blood off humans that night...that is women.

To say there is only one thing that I mostly like about me being a vampire. And that is my ability. I have a very unique ability comparing to all, and it is the seducing ability. One eye contact and they are seduced to the core. Great, isn't it?
Well..It helps me when it comes to feeding on blood as I don't really have to make the first move on women, instead they are the ones who start. They approach to me like I am their favourite candy.

I was snapped out of my deep thoughts by a fake cough.
"So? What are you doing here, Theo?" I asked not trying to fool myself.

"I heard you are going to the Storm's tomorrow?" Instead of answering me, he questioned.

"Yeah. Heard it right. I was going to decline but you know the old man. Always doing things his own way." I shook my head and saw him turning posture to me.

"Keep in mind Adam. You have a mate now. It's not elegant to feed on other women now." The way he said the last line screamed how much disgust was dripping with every word he said.

"You don't have to tell me what to do Theo. I am a grown up man now not a child who is still breastfeeding." I could not stand it when people talk to me like I am obliged to listen to them. I have a life to live too.

"I know you are irritated the way I am talking to you but as a brother and a friend, I am concerned for you. Take the right decision Adam. Don't make stupid moves." He told me seriously and then he simply walked out.

My head was hammering with the things that came twisting my life weirdly. I went up to my room, loosened my tie and unbuttoned my shirt making myself comfortable. I ran my slender fingers through my hair and thought about her.
Since her ever first appearance in my life, made everything go the wrong way. Everything did not go the way I wanted. The contract and...my life.

Suddenly I heard my phone buzzing. I picked it up after reading the caller. It was Luke.
"Yes Luke." I kept my voice as stern as a serious businessman even though I was not really in my skin.

"Hello sir. I phoned you to tell you that the contract Mr Kane refused to give you was a corrupted one. He was in some illegal dealings and he earned his fortune with these activities. The Company that Mr Kane gave his contract is being closed down as well as Mr Kane's. So I think it's lucky for us that you came late that day that Mr Kane did not give you the contract. Else the Company which is down would be us." His words were still registering in my mind. I could not think straight. Mr Kane in illegal dealings? Corruption?
Well I think that it's fate that made me go late...
I knew I was denying the fact that it's all thanks to her that I got saved. But was I going to admit it?

I hanged up the phone and stripped for a cold shower. Yes cold showers help me to cool down. Yet this time it wasn't doing a great job. My mind was drifting continuosly to her.

Heyy guys! So I thought of updating this chapter as the previous one was not an actual update.
I know that Adam ia being stubborn over his mate. But can he always be like this? Well...meet me on the next chapter if you wanna know!
Bye.❤