Honeymoon

Adam's POV.
The way she was walking the aisle said it all. There was something off with her. She was always the confident girl but why did she have this expression?
Stop Adam! This is not your business!

Her father handed me her hand in mine carefully like it was a fragile glass that could break in anytime. She was looking on the ground the whole time so I pressed her hand.
The minute her doe eyes hit mine, I was struck.
Her ebony iries were so ever soft. I admit that she was beautiful but was she beautiful in the inside too?

When the priest announced that it was time to kiss the bride, she closed her eyes waiting for me but I did not do it. Instead I kiss the corner of her lips. It seemed to be real but it wasn't.

I know that it is not gentleman-like at all to leave your bride and go to soak in work but I had to do it as I did not want to involve myself with her.

At around 2 am in the morning, I returned from work and felt the wave of tiredness washed over me. Loosening my tie, I made my way to my room. The instant I stepped in the room, I saw her.
She was on the floor hugging her knees looking tired and broken?

She was still in her white pure dress and her beautiful face was stained with pearly tears, thick lashes soaked with the salty water and her hair was all the way messy. Her rosy plum lips were dried reminding the dryness of the Sahara Desert and they were parted showing her front teeth.
She sounded so peaceful yet disturbed.

She was sleeping in my room. I could have woken her up but I did not do so.

Why?

I don't know myself....

I went to my closet quietly and took out some clothes to change into and went to the adjacent room and went in the shower.

Pouring down the hair shampoo on my palm, I massaged it on my hair, washing the hair spray and hair cream I applied.
While washing, my mind drifted to what I would do tomorrow.

Honeymoon huh? I chuckled darkly shaking my head.
I did not have any options but to submit to my one hell of grandfather, John.
But looking at the other side, I also needed to go to Los Angeles due to an important meeting so I think it would be a win-win.
Nah?

Finishing my bath, I jumped in the fresh clothes and hopped on the king sized bed.

****Morning****
Standing on the door step of my room thinking of what I was going to talk to my wife.
Knocking on the door lightly, I turned the knob and pushed it open.
To say I did not expect the view in front of me that day. Evelina was struggling. She was trying to unzip her wedding dress but to no avail.
I lifted an eyebrow and I found her.....cute?
Really Adam? You find it cute when someone is struggling with a dress?

Taking a deep breath to clear my mind and knock the door again but this time a bit loud.

Surprised she turned around with her hands still on her back on the zipper. Her eyes were puffy and her face was pale. Maybe because of all the crying last night...

"Start packing. We are leaving for Los Angeles in 30 minutes." I said looking at my watch. I was already dressed in my casual clothes.

"But...why?" She asked furrowing her eyebrows.

"John gave us a trip to Los Angeles as wedding gift. I can't refuse John's gift and by the way I won't be going there for honeymoon stuff. Besides I have an important meeting in L.A."
I explained her with my voice still cold.

"Hurry up." I said turning my heels to go to my room but she stopped me.

"Wait! I-I...C-Can you help me with this?" She pointed at her back.

"And don't think that I am trying to seduce you or something, okay? It's just that the zipper has stuck and I can't open the damn dress. If you'll not help me then I am afraid we'll be late." Her face was serious as well as her ebony eyes.

I closed my eyes and opened it. I approached to her and told her.
"Turn." She turned her back to me and my hands met the small whitish zipper. It did not open easily at first but after some more trials, it could slide well.

I ran the zipper down with my knuckles brushing against her smooth skin in the process. I did not know why my heart was racing so much. Was it because of her?
I sensed my eyes changing colour from their normal blue ones to pitch black.
Damn! Control Adam. Control.

I closed my eyes again and took a few long breaths.
When I finished tackling this zipper thing, I proceeded my way to my room but again she called.
"Thank you." I turned to face her. I cannot fall for her. Mates are here for destruction. They are heartless and don't have feelings.

I could not dig my own grave. So I did the only thing that came in my mind.
I glared deadly at her and strode to my room.

I was already done with my packing, so I went downstairs to talk to Aline, my maid.
"Morning Aline."

Aline is a 50 year old woman who has been working or should I say taking care of me at my penthouse since 6 years now. She does not fail to fill the hole yearning for maternal love for me.

"Oh goodmorning my boy! I am so happy for you. I saw your bride and she is so beautiful almost like an angel.
You better keep her well." She said in her motherly tone.

"Aline, my wife and I are going for a trip. So you can take a vacation too. It's only for 3 weeks."

"Of course Adam baby! But do take care of yourself and your wife." She said pinching my cheeks lightly.
My heart fluttered at this gesture of hers. If only...If only my mother was like her...

Helloooo!! Destination to L.A! Yay! Have you ever been to L.A? If yes, comment ❤ and
If no and you want to go then comment 💙! I am waiting...

By the way did you enjoy this one? What do you think of Adam? Wait! What happened with Adam and his mother?
Wanna know? Then meet me in the next chapter!
Bye.❤