The Decision

First of all this chapter is dedicated to KawaZeStarbucksa Thank you for the votes dear!!

Evelina's POV

"You can say that I know everything about him. And you've already met him Evelina."
He was dead serious and it was terrifying me.

"I-I" I could not form my words.

"I just want you to do something for me. Something that no one except you can do. And I know you will be able to do it." He looked at me and said these words which made me nervous. What should I do? No one ever told me these things before?

"A-And what it is that I have to do?" My question came out as a whisper.

"You have to show him how beautiful love is in life and more importantly you have to show him how it is to have a mate." He looked at me with a hope. A hope that gave me chills. How can I show him what is love when I am a complete stranger when it comes to love? How can I show him how it is to have a mate when I was alone since the last years? Why me? Will I be able to do it? These questions kept haunting my mind.

Taking a deep breath I told him my decision. "John I-I don't know if I'll be able to do it...but I'll try my best."

His face lit up and I could see glitter in his blue eyes. He held my hands and said. "Thank you Evelina. I know you definitely will be able to do it." I don't think so John...

"Umm..John may I ask you something?" I asked him.

"Of course dear. You may." He withdrew his wrinkled hands off mine.

"You are a Brown and Adam is a Vernom. Why is it so? You are his paternal grandfather, aren't you?" This was confusing me.

"This Evelina, Adam is the only person who will tell you the reason." Huh? Okaaayyy and I have to wait for how many days for that? Or months? Or even years?

"Okay I understand John." He just smiled and nodded at me.

Then I shifted my gaze to my grandpa who was busy sipping water. Really grandpa?!

"So grandpa. Does the family know about this?" I asked.

"Oh of course no baby girl! Your father would probably cut my head off if I told him that Adam Vernom is your mate and he knows nothing about love. You already know how he is and your two evil brothers." He shook his head. Yep my father is the scary type when it comes to the women of the family, as in my Mama and I. He always says that women are born to be loved and the ones who do not know how to love them, then they should die!
And my brothers too follow this perspective of my father and they ended up becoming the most overprotective brothers ever!
Now you know why my grandpa did not tell him about Adam Vernom being my mate.

"I agree grandpa. He would eventually be a very dangerous volcano if he ever learned about this including Ed and Van." I nodded at him.

John, grandpa and I talked for another 30 minutes and then they left saying that they have work to do.
I honestly found John a good man whom I can trust but his high hope was giving me cold feet.

I walked to my cabin and sit on my chair. My head started pounding all of a sudden because of all that happened. Closing my eyes, I massaged my temples.

--------------------------
Adam's POV

"Sir we could not get the contract. Mr Kane said that he could not make a contract with a Ceo who is not punctual in a meeting." Luke told me in a very low voice knowing that I would surely erupt.
All because of that damn girl! That clumsy girl! If she had not splashed coffee on my shirt, I would not be late and I would win the contract worthing billions! She ruined my contract! Mate! Mate! Mate! That's what they are destructors! And that girl is my mate?! Freaking mate?! I will never accept her as my mate!

Calm down Adam. You are not going to lash out on this poor guy who did nothing.

Closing my eyes and taking a few breaths, I asked him to leave.

I stood up from the leather seat and walked to the big window through which I could get a spectacular view of the city.

Suddenly I heard the door open.
"There is something called knocking. Maybe you should try that." I said still facing the city.

"Someone's mood off today." My brother, Theodore commented making me roll my eyes. And no he is not a Vernom. He is a Brown cause we are not related but he plays the big bro role since John Brown adopted me. Despite John adopted me, he did not changed my surname as he says that the Vernom should grow.

"What do you want Theo?" I asked irritated. I was always the mean and most annoyed child while Theo well, he was the sweet and sensible kid. He handles the Brown Company but he occasionally comes to me to meet his little brother.

"What? Can't I meet my little brother?" See? I told you.

I turned and faced him. "Just go on the point already."

"Okay okay! You don't have to pull that scary face!" He pointed at me.

"So?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Well Adam. You've met your mate. What are you going to do now?" He was dead serious.

"What am I going to do? Forget about her." I shuddered.

"Adam, she is your mate." He told me.

"I know that but she doesn't cause she was behaving normally. If she knew, she would throw a hint." I explained him like I was in a meeting.

"Adam, you do whatever you want but in the end, you will end up with her. Your mate." He turned and made his way to the door. He turned the knob to leave but not before saying.
"A very sexy mate might I add."
I hated to admit it that it sent a weird feeling my heart when I heard his words. This feeling was strange to me.
Damn!

Heyyy there!! So this is another chapter of The Satan's Eve. What do you think of it? What do you think of Adam and Evelina? Did Evelina take the right decision?
Comment down your thoughts and vote for more! Bye.❤