chapter two

Rating
|Pg 13+|Mild-profanity|

Rating |Pg 13+|Mild-profanity|

|LIL UZI VERT|

My eyes slowly opened to the morning sun streaming through the bedroom curtains and heating up my skin. I hissed, flinging my arm to the other side of the bed.

I had expected to feel the lump of my Brittany's body. It was then I realized she wasn't sleeping next to me. We weren't even sure if we were still together. I couldn't talk to her anymore, she was like a different person.

Try to forget her. Erase her from your head. At least, for now.

I tried to push my thoughts away from the pretty pink haired girl. And every time I failed. Why couldn't we go back to normal? To our happier days. When did everything become so complicated?

Rick Owens on my feet, a chain around my neck. I looked like the rockstar I was. But when I sat down to eat my breakfast, I was all alone. There was no one to share my Blueberry pop tarts or coffee with. There was only the still, emptiness that surrounded me.

Hours passed, nobody called me. Nobody texted me. I questioned if anybody even cared about me.

Nobody cares about me.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

My Ferrari, the one that caught everybody's attention, pulled up in front of the club. People paid more attention to my wealth than me. The bouncer approached me, I swore his eyes were flickering with dollar signs.

"Lil Uzi, I was hoping you ain't in the studio today."

"Nah, I'm giving myself a lil' break."

"Good, good. Ya' know, there's a lot of good looking girls up in here. Why don't you make their day and get some of 'em drinks?"

I shivered.

Hell no.

"Alright," I replied dully knowing very well I wouldn't.

I mean, how could I? The first thing those women would see is my fame and money. Being famous made it hard to trust even the fly buzzing around in my ear. I guess that was why I stuck around with Brittany. She never judged or used me.

After I tipped the bouncer, I walked in the club, pretending that I belonged there. The swarms of people were socializing, flirting, and being normal. I wasn't in that swarm. I was alone, sipping Moet. Slowly getting tipsy. Slowly losing myself.