Chapter fifty two

Rating
|PG13+|mild profanity|

Rating|PG13+|mild profanity|

|LIL UZI VERT|

My every breath seemingly began to strangle me, the walls of my esophagus closing in.

Maybe I didn't deserve her. Maybe I was nothing but trouble for her. Maybe I should I left her alone. It could have been better for the both of hs.

But my internal being craved her. I refused to sleep at night or eat another day without Jasmine by my side. I was selfish in that way.

Jasmine stood up, stepping closer to me, “Is that what you were waiting to here? So you can know that you won?”

“No it’s--”

“Im in love with you,” Her face was so close to mine. So, so close--if only I could just reach over to her face and stroke the side of her cheek and feel her again.

“Are you happy now? To know that you broke me?!"

My knees became weak.  

She loves me?

Uzi, I think she is lying.
She has to be.
If she did, why didn't she react when I told her about Brittany.--Demon

I wasn't listening to the demon in my head.

“I love you too.” I said. For a moment her eyes refused to meet mine.

“Yeah, well love is nothing more than a four letter word.” She grumbled. We both knew she was wrong. We both very much knew that love was an addiction one could not control.

“Jasmine, look at me--look at me, please.”

Reluctantly, she brought her focus on me.

“Last time when I saw you--you seemed so cold hearted. So distant. It was like you didn't care. I need you to tell me you cared.”

I could see the palms of her hands go red with frustration, “I'm not gonna cry over you!” Yet she had to keep her eyes closed. I knew what she was doing. She was trying not to cry over me.

“I don't know what you expected me to do. I never cheated on you with her. But im going to talk to Brittany and find out the truth.”

“Uzi, just admit it.”  I gave her a perplex stare.

“What?”