chapter nine

Rating

|Pg13+|mild profanity|

|LIL UZI VERT|

That evening, the demon was ever so present in my head. It rambled its dark sayings into my ears until I was clinging on to its every word.

Brittany. The demon whispered into my ear.

Brittany. Brittany. Brittany.

The girl who sliced your heart like red velvet cake.

Brittany. The girl who's probably with another man. Right-This-Second.

Brittany. The reason why your entire body is aching.

The reason why you can hardly breath.

Brittany---

My head was overclouded with thoughts of her. I didn't call her because I didn't want her to think I missed her. But, I did. I craved to run my hand through her hot pink hair. I longed to be the cause of her soft chuckles.

I couldn't process the possibility she could be with someone else.

Why be with some scum when she could be with me?

I knew the answer to that already. I had changed. I denied it on the outside but, deep down my roots I knew.

I needed to get those shitty thoughts out of my head.

Maybe a walk will help me and some fans will distract me.

That was why I loved my fans. They were always on my side. They were always around the corner thinking about me. Even when I didn't deserve that kind of attention.

I pushed my hands in my pocket and sauntered down the sidewalk. Thoughts of the pink haired girl were slowly exiting my mind.

Just then, I heard a high pitched laugh. It was Brittany. She was beaming like a lantern. Her hair was being tossed by the wind. She was practically beaming. And that was when I saw her hands. In which were intertwined with another man's hand.

With-Another-Man's-Hand.

Goosebumps prickled at my skin. Jealousy raged through my veins. I, however, couldn't let her see that. I had to pretend that I didn't care who she was with. I had to pretend, I moved on.

Just keep on walking like it's nothing to prove that you're already over her.

I kept walking. I kept my eyes glued to the ground. I forced the tears away. I wasn't going to let her get the best of me. At least, I thought.

But, as I was about to pass them, my body halted in front of them. I had lost control of myself. I aggressively, gripped Brittany's arm.

Why has it come to this?

Her mouth gaped open in surprise.

"Who the fuck is this nigga?" I snarled and glanced up at the dark skinned, bald man. He needed to fix that uneven beard of his.

"What you doing with my girl?" The guy shoved my hand off of her. Those words left me feeling bitter.

Brittany was supposed to be my girl. She said she would always be mine, no matter what. Yet there she was, looking all in love and shit with some random guy.

"Your girl? Your girl?! Since when?"

"Just leave me alone, Uzi we're over!" Brittany shouted but, I could see the remorse bleeding in her eyes.

"Since when is this hobo looking ass nigga gonna take my spot?"

The guy shoved me backwards so I rammed my hands into his chest, causing him to stumble.

Brittany stepped between us, "Stop! I don't wanna be with you anymore!"

I couldn't even look her in eye. I had lost her. I really had lost her. The passion between us shimmered away. The love she had for me no longer sparkled in her eyes.

"The feelings are mutual then!" I staggered backwards as they walked off the other direction.

I questioned myself if what had happened was real or a nightmare. Appeared was a sharp shooting pain in my chest.

Did Brittany just break my heart? Again?

I kept on walking. I kept walking until my legs began to move themselves. I wanted to walk to the end of the earth and then walk out of the earth and never stop walking. I wanted to walk until I didnt know what a broken heart was anymore.

With-Another- Man's-Hand.

The memory of her and that stranger man kept flashing back into my memory.

Cold droplets of rain started to hit me. I realized I had been walking way too long when my legs started to ache. My legs weren't the only thing in pain,though. My whole body was feeling the pain in the rain.

I threw myself into my apartment.

Should I take it?

You should. -Demon
No I shouldn't.
You should. -Demon
No I shouldn't.

I was fighting the demon inside me.

I pulled the bottle out of my bathroom and threw six xans in my mouth. I knew it was a little dangerous to take that many pills but, I just wanted this painful feeling to leave. I didn't want to feel weak with hurt. I would rather be numb and high.

A numbing wave washed across my body, I fell into a kitchen chair and placed my head on the island's cold surface.

The anger. The sadness. The regret. The questions. Began to blur out. Once the Xanax dulled out I would feel those emotions all over again. But I wasn't thinking about later. I was thinking about that moment.

I couldn't feel a single part of my being. Not even my destroyed heart.

Until next time,
The end.

This should be illegal.

poor υzι. ι нope тнaт ιn тнιѕ вooĸ ι'll вe aвle тo ѕнowcaѕe addιcтιon properly.

втw, wнaт'ѕ yoυr ғavorιтe ѕong rιgнт now?

тнanĸѕ ғor readιng, voтιng and coммenтιng!

10/19/2018