Chapter fifty five

Rating
|PG13+|mild profanity|

Rating|PG13+|mild profanity|

|JASMINE SANDERS|

My hand trembled as it slowly reached out to knock on my aunt's door. Not too long ago, it was home. Somehow, overtime it had lost it's homey feeling. The homey feeling was replaced with the feeling of being unwelcomed.

After spending the night with Uzi and him telling me about his family, made me realize it was time Louise and I had a talk. Not just any ordinary talk. Not an argument either. I had made the mature decision to try to patch things between us.

I had waited ten minutes, still no response.

Strange.
She's always home during the evening.
It's not like she has anything else to do. The lady doesn't even have a job.
So where is she?

I tried the door knob. To my horror, it was unlocked. It was never unlocked. Louise was very strict about keeping doors locked.

I sauntered down the hallway, calling out her name.

"Louise?"

"Louise?" I called again.

I raised my voice, "Louise?!"

As I hurried into the living room, I saw how trashy it was. Papers flung everywhere. Shattered glass. That wasn't Louise, she was the woman who nagged me to be as clean she was during my teenage years.

The air smelled tense itself.

"Louise?!" I nearly screamed, dark thoughts clouding my head.

What did Gavin do to her?
That's it, he found out the truth with Uzi and I and Gavin lost it.
She's dead--isn't she?

I bolted up the stairs, kicking through every bedroom. All three were trashed. Pictures of her and I were stabbed through. Personal belongs from the both of us were burnt.

My breaths began to pick up speed, all around me was quickly closing in. I want sure what to do. I couldn't call the cops, that would just bring in more trouble. Then I went downstairs and into the kitchen. It wasn't trashed. Instead, in blood, the words: JASMINE SANDERS IS IN TROUBLE stained the light yellow walls.

I gasped. Terrorfied, tears rolled down my cheeks. I already knew whose blood that was--Louise's. I pinched my arm so many times, squeezing the thin layers of skin so much it began to bruise.