chapter twenty five

Rating
|PG13+|mild profanity|

Rating|PG13+|mild profanity|

|JASMINE SANDERS|

The music engulfed me for an amount of time I could not recall. All I knew was that it was a long time. I was listening to some of my favorite tracks of music that I created. With the earbuds stuck in my ears, I hummed along with the music, feeling calmer. Music did that to me. It always made me think even when I didn't want to.

But, even with guilt pressing against my chest, images of Jilly and him kissing still lingered in my mind.

I owe him an apology, though.....

I creaked open the door, peeking my head out of it. Every source of light was flickered off or covered with curtains. My hand felt around the walls, guiding me to his room nearby.

"Uzi?" I called out, hoping to see his sweet smile brighten up the dark hallways.

I was about to knock on his bedroom door when I heard her. I leaned my head against the door.

Jilly's high pitched laughter mixed with Uzi's overflowed my ears. I didn't know what they were laughing at because apparently they didn't care enough to invite me.

Faintly, I could hear their voices streaming across the room. Then, suddenly, the laughing stopped. It was replaced with the sound of their lips smacking against each others. I could hear everything. The slight movements their bodies made, perhaps to the bed. Their moans and groans. That annoying high pitched, daughter of a bitch giggle Jilly let out.

The realization hit me. Jilly really was his girlfriend. He never cared enough to tell me. Because we were merely friends---no, more than that.

What was I thinking? Slightly, over a month ago we hated each other. Of course he had a girlfriend. Of cours Jilly is his girlfriend.

I gasped, clasped my hand against my mouth as unexpected tears ran down my cheeks. I didn't want tears to come out. It made no sense for me to even cry. I hardly liked the guy. As I backed away from the door, the voice in my head had started to poke fun of me.

Why do you care so much anyways, Jasmine?
Only someone who was falling for Uzi would care.
And you are.
NO. Yes.
NO. Yes.
NO. Yes.
NO. Yes.
NO. NO NO NO NO NO NO.
MAKE IT STOP!

Resentment towards them started to build up and burn in my chest. I despised them for even being in the same room together. My breathing started to become slow and heavy. Panic overflowed my bloodstream, making me lose complete control.