chapter twenty one

ating
|PG13+| mild profanity|

Rating|PG13+| mild profanity|

|JASMINE|

Once Uzi and I arrived at his place, I rushed upstairs and into the bathroom. Because the pain of the night was still lingering on my skin.

I turned the shower on and for a moment I had watched the steam fill up the emptiness in the bathroom and as I sunk into the steam myself, it began to fill my void too.

I scrubbed my body with soap, in a desperate attempt to scrub off the layers of me that I hated and wash away the areas I wanted to change.

As I rinsed the soap off my body I came to a relazation. I no longer had the energy to cry. Everything that had occured recently had drained the last of me. So much that I wanted to collapse to the ground but, even that would be too much.

And I wondered how would a normal person react. Would they sob in a corner for hours? Or punch a wall? Would their sanity leak out their skull day by day, event after event? Then again, normal people didn't go through things like I did.

What was I even expecting to happen between my dad and I?

For him to welcome me with open arms, for Louise to realize Gavin is shit, to quit my modeling job and become this big time beat maker. For the rest of my life be happy ever after?

Well, Im in for one big disappointment because my life story isn't like that. It isn't some stupid,cliche fairytale.

/FLASHBACK/

Shanice laughed uncontrollably. Her laugh was like a sweet song echoing throughout the room. Her golden hair was tied back and her face was scrunched up with laughter.

"Mommy!"

She picked the five year old me up and spun me around. I laughed with her. Crazy how times like those felt like a different life. I was a different person then.

/FLASHBACK ENDED/

I pulled myself out of the shower. I had left the bathroom door open. My eyes drifted to the bed as I slipped into some suitable nightwear. My mind was running in circles, helpless thoughts coursing in my skull's pulse. There was no way I could sleep.

I shut my phone off, slowly making my way downstairs. I had stopped when I spotted Uzi. There he resided, on the balcony with beer in his grasp.

Should I sit next to him? Or should I just glue my eyes to the bedroom wall upstairs?

I got up the courage to sit next to him on the balcony. The view alone made me glad I did. The sky was an infinite black, almost like a black hole. Sucking your attention away with it's beauty. Stars twinkled like happy eyes. And the tall, glassy buildings, towered over the busy streets.