chapter fifteen

Rating

|PG 13+|mild profanity

|LIL UZI VERT|

The music waved wildly through the studio. I bopped my head, vibing to the music. Sometimes, music freed me. Other times, it took me to different places. Like Mars.

"Damn Nicki this is good. May I use the second one?"

"That's cool with me."

I replayed the beat and took out my phone. I was going to note down all my song ideas.

"So, Uzi I heard you broke up with you girl," I stopped. My heart that was before in rhythm with the music, had nearly stopped as well, "I think I found the perfect girl for you."

In my head I had already come up with an answer.

No.
Hell no.
Fuck no.
Not no.

All the no's in the world. I was not going to be set up with some girl who wanted to cloutchase and thotchase or add me to her body count. I wasn't going to be lured into some trap and give my heart only for it to be broken again.

"Ion wanna do that shit. I'm too busy these days anyways."

She pouted her lips, a sympathetic glint sliding across her dark eyes, "Aww yo' lil' heart is still broken."

I am forever broken.

"Pfft no! I been done with my ex--go ahead, set me up on a blind date."

I had to cover up my flaws. I refused for anyone to know that I was pathetically still hurting on the inside.

"Okay sir, if you say so." Nicki nudged me, passing me an excited smile.

I smiled back. What she didnt know was that smile had strained a part of me. The weaker part of me. I was being crushed on the inside. Knowing that the only way I could feel proud of myself was through fake smiles and fake laughs, fake joy and a fake me.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I smelled of expensive cologne with my dreads tied up. I was already dreading every moment of my date. Despite my nervousness, I held my head high as I entered the cafe.

Maybe I was nervous because I knew I didn't belong in a cafe where people went out on dates. My heart was too disfigured and my mind was too twisted.