Chapter forty nine

Rating

|PG13+|mild profanity|

|JASMINE SANDERS|

In the following days, Uzi rang out my phone. I ignored him. I wasn't strong enough to pick up the phone. I didn't block him, I wasn't strong enough to do that either. Because secretly I still craved for his attention. I still desired to cross his mind often. Even if he never really cared about me.

I wished I never let him in. He opened the doors to my heart before yanking it out of my chest. In those following days, I had little energy. If it wasn't for Nicki calling me to her studio, I would have moped on all day.

I guess it all worked out.
Im marrying Gavin in a few months.
One used me. Another is utter crap.
One killed my mother.
Are there any good men out there?

"You know I heard that little song you made, Jasmine. The one with the click, clack, boom. It was unique and I was thinking,I need a beat like that." I stared at Nicki, not sure what to say.

She couldn't have been asking me to make more music for her? There was no way the Nicki Minaj liked my music.

"Are--you serious?" She nodded, smiling broadly.

I kept my eyes glued to the floor.
I should be happy right about now. And I was. But, something was holding me down. Oh yeah, that's right, me breaking up with Uzi.

"Sweety, no one would be better to help me make a Remy Ma diss track."

Remy Ma--right.

"Deal." I beamed brightly. Someone actually believed me. I wanted to shove this right in front of Louise's face.

She told me to start immediately and left.

I pulled out my computer and attached it to my MPC. The music at first, did not reach to me but when it did, I forgot about him.

That was why I loved music so much. You could get lost in it's sound. You could follow its waves and rhythms. There didn't need to be words. There didn't need to be a crowd. Just me and music.

For a little while the music carried me away from the hell Uzi put me in. I began to play around with the music, in attempt to improve the sound.

It had been silent in the room for some time, so when I heard  "Hey." My head immediately snapped upwards.

I was met with the sight of a man whose face was draped with a black hoodie. I neared him and pulled back his hoodie.

It was Uzi. I shouldn't have been as surprised as I was I was about to slap him but then, I went weak. His eyes were watery. They pleaded with desperation and forgiveness.

He gripped on my arm before bending on his knees.

"Im sorry Jasmine, im sorry im sorry im sorry. I was never with her during Christmas, though but I am sorry. Im stupid. Im sorry. We broke up before I even ever kissed you. Still im so sorry." I yanked my arms away from him.

"Yeah but she said--"

"She lied--im sorry, so so sorry."

I watched, utterly confused as he slowly stood up. Still, on the verge of tears.

"Then, what's to be sorry for?" I asked cautiously, a bad feeling was in the pit of my stomach.

"Im in love with you." He said.

The world stopped. There was this quietness to everything around us that had me on edge. It was like everything halted when he said that.

I'm in love with you.

No man has ever said that to me. No one had ever been in love with me. How could he be? Why? There were a billion other women out there to fall in love with. Yet, he was in love with me.

"I know I fell in love with you so fast Jasmine. It's so scary."

I questioned myself.

Am I in love with him? Is that the jittery, happy, easy going feeling inside me?

That was when I realized, Im in love with him. And he's in love with me.

My face lit up as I attempted to hug him. But, my smile dropped when he pushed me away, shifting his gaze from me to an office chair.

There was this guilty look in his eyes that broke me all over again. The anger came back. So did the sadness.

"Uzi?" My voice was frail like a glass window in a storm, ready to crack, "Are you cheating on me with your ex?"

Please don't say yes.
Please--

He looked up at me, his brown eyes shimmered. When Uzi shook his head no, I became enraged. He was leaving me in the dark. Making me beg for an answer. When things could have been perfect at that moment.

We were in love and he was looking like we were at a goddamn funeral.

"THEN WHAT?!"

Uzi dragged his feet to the chair nearby, plopped down and  began to play with the lighter that was once in his pocket.

"Brittany is having my baby."

UNTIL NEXT TIME,
THE END.

This should be illegal

тнanĸ yoυ ғor тнe readѕ, coммenтѕ and voтeѕ!!❤