chapter thirteen

Rating

|Pg 13+| mild profanity|

|LIL UZI VERT|

I realized the only way I'd be able to convince Cardi B to make a song with me was through Jasmine. Or else my label would be done with me.

But, I didn't like the fact I had to ask her for the same favor twice. It made me sound even more desperate than I already was.

Still, I have no choice.

I heard her pick up the phone. I pulled out my lighter and began to flicker its fire on and off in an attempt to calm my restless nerves.

"Hello?"

"Uhmm it's me Uzi."

I waited a little while for her response, "How did you get my number?"

"Through a friend. We seem to have a lot of mutual friends." I awkwardly cleared my throat.

"Okay umm---"

My hand trembling slightly, I forced the words out of my mouth and prepared for her snarky response.

"I need a another favour from you---I mean it's the same thing but, you see, umm," I was beginning to get frustrated with myself, "Cardi B decided not to make a song with me because my ex messed around with her boyfriend. But, listen to me Jasmine, I will lose my record label if you don't help me with this so please--"

You sound pathetic. The demon said.

Worthless you are.

Why would she want to waste her time with a piece of shit like you?

I sighed.

After what felt like eternity, she replied, "Why don't we meet up at your place and I'll consider."

Just like that, she had hung up the phone, leaving me baffled. I had to replay her words a few times in my head to understand what she had just said.

"Let's meet up at your place and I'll consider."

Secretly, in my head, I wondered if she had some sort of sneaky plan. Why else would she want to meet up at my place?

I'm watching out for you, Jasmine.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••