Chapter fifty six

Rating
|PG13+|mild profanity|

Rating|PG13+|mild profanity|

|LIL UZI VERT|

That stormy evening I was in a producer's house with many others who were also invited to his party. I sat alongside with Trippie Redd, who was so high he couldn't feel his feet and Lil Tracey who was giving me strange glares. They didn't matter, only the buzzing music and blinding fog of smoke mattered.

"Hey, you're Lil Uzi Vert! Im Zack."

I wasn't too sure how the teenage boy got into a party like this but he did. He strode over to me with his long legs and messy black hair.

I chuckled, "Yeah, kid that's me. How'd you get up in here?"

"What do you mean? Whenever Zaytoven throws a party, the whole neighbourhood slides in."

"Damn, okay. Just be careful, sometimes these parties get out of hand."

"I've heard. May you sign this by the way?"

Zack passed me a t-shirt with my frowning face on it, along with a sharpie. I scribbled my name on the shirt, handing it back.

"There you go, kid."

He held the shirt against his chest and ran his finger against the nearly dried ink. I smiled to myself; I rarely got to see kids but when I did, they made me happy. They reminded me of my carefree days. The days before I was trapped with a record label and--drugs. Yeah, drugs were a trap too, like Jasmine said.

It's all jolly jolly til' you read the fine print.

Another boy around the same age, with skin as dark as mine and dark eyes appeared.

"Ayee, Uzi, is that you?"

He gave me a high five, "Yeah, that's me, wassup? What's your name?"

"My name is Prince." He turned over to Zack, "He done got the Xans."

As I watched with furrowed eyebrows, Zack whispered something in Prince's ear.

"You guys---don't mean Xanax?"

"Yeah we mean Xanax, we gonna go get some down the street. Want some?"

I violently shook my head.

How did kids so young get access to drugs so vile?

"Y'all can't be takin' that shit. That ain't good for you."

Zack and Prince exchanged odd glances with each other. It was as if they had heard the strangest sentence in the world.

"But, you take them too." Said Zack.

"Yeah we got tough lives too and if you can pop it, we can pop it." Prince added.

I studied their youthful faces for a moment, thinking that they had to be joking or something. But, the boy with black hair and brown freckles kept a stern face. So did Prince with his small lips in a frown.

They didn't know of the demons, of the evil that hide in the small, enjoyable pills. I needed to stop them or at least warn them. If I didnt, I would hate myself forever.

"Listen, you two can get in serious trouble or even worse end up like me. You don't want that, so I advise you to stop before it is too late."

The two boys remained unfazed. I realized that all those boys say was Lil Uzi Vert. They didnt know Uzi was a mask for the destroyed and destructive Symere Woods. They didn't know I was stuck and lost in life. They were too convinced by my lies that they had thought my life was perfect.

It wasnt. It far, very far from perfection.

"If you two promise to stop taking Xanax, I'll stop drugs." I swallowed hard, wondering if I could live up to my words.

Probably not.-Demon

Prince and Zack smirked, "Deal." They said in union.

I wish someone would have warned me before it was too late.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I was tempted to take another pill. I stared at the bottle as if it was the only light in the dark room.

But, those kids--I kept thinking about them. Their faces, the thoughts of them discovering I was still taking Xanax made me furious and scared and guilty and---I angrily swung my arm across the table. Causing the bottle along with other small items to collapse to the floor.

I panted, staring down the pills that had spilled out of the bottle. With my foot, I crushed them. I had one less Xanax bottle in my home. One less particle of guilt in my soul.

I usually popped a dozen pills on a good day, twice as much on a bad day. However, that day I was so disgusted by my own actions, I managed to take nine. It was the least amount of pills I had popped in months.

I knew no matter how hard I tried that I wasn't going to be able to stop taking Xanax. The least I could do was take no more than ten pills a day. Which was already a challenge. A challenge in which every time I failed, I would think about Zack and Prince.

Zack and Prince
Zack and Prince
Zack--and--Prince

UNTIL NEXT TIME,
THE END.

This should be illegal

ι wonder, нow мany oғ мy ғavoυrιтe rapperѕ are ѕυғғerιng ғroм addιcтιon rιgнт now? :/

тнanĸѕ agaιn ғor тнe readѕ coммenтѕ and voтeѕ! ( ˘ ³˘)♥