chapter twenty six

Rating
|PG13+|mild profanity

Rating|PG13+|mild profanity

|JASMINE SANDERS|

I shuffled around, expecting my body to be melting into ice that prickled at my skin. Instead my skin was met with a warmth that surrounded my body. A pillow held up my head and fuzzy blankets were wrapped comfortably over my body. Warm, moist rags were pressed against my forehead and chest.

My eyes snapped open, I lifted my head up, balancing my body weight on my arms. From the looks of things, I was back in Uzi's room.

How did I get here? I thought I ran to Antarctica.

Before I had a chance to curse him out, I heard Uzi's raspy morning voice.

"You okay?" He rubbed his eyes, getting off his wooden chair and nearing me.

Now I know what I feel. I hate him. I should have stayed hating him from when I first met the guy. He's a player. All guys are.

"Do I look okay?" I retorted, sitting all the way upwards and passing him the nastiest glare I could give the grapefruit.

Instead of getting angry or doing something a normal person would do, he laughed. He laughed like there was nothing funnier in the world, his eyes shimmering with pure joy and his slightly crooked teeth being expose. From that moment I knew I couldn't have stayed angry at Uzi for long. All I could do was I narrow my eyes at the weird grape.

But I have to stay angry at him...... I have to...

"You kinda look more than okay." I wondered if he was being sarcastic or not because fainting in the snow wasn't funny. In fact, laughing at me for fainting was rude.

I stared at him, hatred building up in my chest. At least, I thought it was.

I hate you.
I hate you.
I hate you.

"For real, though, you was underdressed. What was wrong with you?" He said, backing away from me and sitting back in the chair.

I wanted ask him how long he had been in that chair. Had he been observing me while I was asleep? Could it have been that I was that interesting to him that even while I was unconscious I was something to look at?

But then, I thought about It and decided that he didn't find me that interesting and that he hadn't been watching me in my sleep like some creep. I decided that idea was just a particle of my imagination that I shouldn't have even thought of. Because we hated each other and always would. It would be stupid to think otherwise.