Chapter thirty

Rating
|PG13+|mild profanity|

Rating|PG13+|mild profanity|

|JASMINE SANDERS|

Along with Kyle, I hated Gavin to my guts. Everything about him was so sinister and heartless. His voice made me shudder. His face made me want to puke all over the place. And his breath was one that made trash smell nice. Every time I was around him I wanted to go Tasmanian devil on his ass.

Despite the fact my blood was boiling with anger, I was also nervous. Who wouldn’t be in a moment like that? He said he wanted to ask me something in front of the whole world. What would it possible be?

“Jasmine Sanders, on stage!” I wobbled  out of the chair.

My silver dress was like a  wedding gown. It squeezed me like a tube of toothpaste. My dramatic black high hells-- not heels, didn’t help. Shiney white pearls wrapped around my neck like hands ready to choke the little life I had out of me.

Awkwardly, I waddled onto the stage. I had never been more disgusted in my life. With his grin made of plastic and his presence pure wickedness. I stood next to the asshole, giving the crowd the fakest smile one could ever have. Only stupid people would believe that smile was real. They applaud.

Oh, they are stupid. 

I kept my eyes on the clueless crowd. So many eyes were eagerly watching us yet no one could save me.

He gently grabbed my hand and bent on his knees. My pulse quickened.

Oh hell no.

“Last year, you were there for me during the times I needed you the most. I had never, ever met anyone as special as you. I don't think I will meet anyone better,” He pulled out a Tiffany ring, it reflected my frightend face. “So, will you spend the rest of your life with me and become my wife?”

His voice was soft but, the evilness in his eyes remained.

I scanned the crowd for answers.  I gulped down the lump of fear in my throat. The crowd’s fainted voices buzzed in my head. All was a blur around me.

Would dashing out count as a no?

Then, I spotted Uzi in the crowd. For a moment nothing moved. Our eyes locked. I felt safe. I wasn’t as scared anymore.

I could see the disappointment in his eyes. It was almost as if he cared that Gavin was on his knees for me. That was when I realized  that Uzi didn’t know. He had thought all of this is real.

Gavin tugged my hand and dug his nails into the skin of my arms. I made the smallest of wincing noise. No one noticed. But, they did notice I had been standing there for thirty seconds.

I knew I had no choice, “Yes, of course. I love you.” I gave him a bitter look as he pecked his lips against mine for the first time. His lips tasted like shit for sure.

I knew Louise was involved in Gavin’s proposal. She was so desperate to control every aspect of my life. And to think, for a second that Louise and I were on the track to get on better terms.

The dumb audience cheered, calling out our names and whistling. If only they knew who he really was.

It was nearly 10:00 PM when the awards were finished. During the entire time, I wanted so badly to bolt out of that lame place. I became angrier and angrier every time someone said,  "Im waiting for the wedding"or "Next is the babies" or "Congratulations!"

Then, I’d have to smile and say something like "Oh, yeah, thanks." or "I know. Can’t wait, either!"

All the while in my mind I was dying to yell at them and grab them by their necks and shake them til they fell.

Bitch, do I look happy to you? This is a tragedy not celebration!

While Gavin and I were heading to our limo, I saw Uzi, alone going into his. I wondered if he really was with his girlfriend. I wondered what he thought of Terrence and I being engaged. And I wanted to badly find out. I wanted to run away from Gavin.

I waved at Uzi. He ignored. Gavin glared at me and tugged down my hand. Luckily, he didn’t even know who I was waving at.

That’s it. Fuck off Gavin.

I pulled my hand off of Gavin and broke into a run after Uzi. He ran after me once, it was then, my turn.

UNTIL NEXT TIME,
THE END.

This should be illegal  

qυιcĸ recap, gavιn ιѕ one oғ тнe earlιer cнapтerѕ ѕaιd тнaт jaѕмιne мυѕт anѕwer "yeѕ" тo a qυeѕтιon нe woυld aѕĸ dυrιng тнe new year. тнaтѕ wнy jaѕ ѕaιd yeѕ ιnѕтead oғ no.  jυѕт ιn caѕe ιғ anyone ғorgoт...

вy тнe way, wнaт'ѕ everyone doιng ғor cнrιѕтмaѕ тнιѕ year? 👀

тнanĸѕ agaιn ғor тнe readѕ,voтeѕ and coммenтѕ! y'all тrυely are тнe вeѕт ❤