Chapter fifty three

Rating
|PG13+|mild profanity|

-quick note| I would like to thank @decultured for making my new cover. they also made a banner that I will change during this book's "glo up".

 they also made a banner that I will change during this book's "glo up"

|JASMINE SANDERS|

I wished I had some sort of superpower. One where I could blow things away. With a simple swish of my hands I could knock down mountains and watch them crumble into dust. That would have satisfied me. I wanted to destroy something. Actually not just something but everything--I craved to destory everything in sight.

I knew Uzi used me. I knew he never actually loved me. How could he? And when Brittany came around with his baby---I knew I never stood a chance. So I lashed out at him and regretted my every word.

The sun peeked through the door sized windows and the table was dressed in a white sheet. Flowers in a glass vase sat in the middle of table as breakfast was served.

All through the day before and early morning, I had been ignoring my dad. Giving him glares or scowls when he looked at me with his fatherly worried expression.

Like he really gives a fuck.

I would have preferred to stay in cold silence but, dad had the nerves to open his mouth, “Im assuming by the prolonged silence, you're mad at me.”

Oh no, I'm happy as fuck you invited Uzi over to cause a scene.
To test my strength.
I totally appreciate you inviting him over to hurt me even more than he already did.

When I rolled my eyes, it was secretly an attempt to stop the tears.

“Why would you even let him inside your house?”

Breath in.
Breath out.
Don't let the tears come out.

“Well,” He raised his voice slightly, putting down his spoon of oatmeal,"I know you two are going through something but Uzi failed to give any details."

Brain paused and leaned in as if there was some big secret he was revealing.

“But, I do know you’re in love with him.” As his coffee breath hit my face my cheeks slowly heated up.

“Yeah well, he broke the little pieces of my heart that was left.” I focused on my oatmeal, stirring the contents around.

Brain frowned, he examined my face, “Did you at least try to have a conversation with him? After years of being single, what I learned was that even when the other is in the deepest of wrong, it’s good to listen.”