chapter eleven

Rating
|PG13+|mild profanity|

Rating |PG13+|mild profanity|

|LIL UZI VERT|

Jasmine and I swept the library hallways in silence. All the while I had expected her to say something. I thought we were close enough to speak to each other by then.

Who am I kidding? It's our deal to ignore each other.

I guessed she was like everybody else. Only in your life to get something.

The clock hit five and the officer ushered us outside. I sighed a sigh of relief, stretching my arms under the evening sun.

"May I ask you something?" Said Jasmine.

I looked over at her, surprised she was still around.

"Um--go ahead."

"What really happened that night? Did I say or do anything strange?" She searched my face intently for a response.

I stared at her wide eyed for a moment. A strange warmth engulfed my cheeks and for a second I thought she noticed. I had almost forgotten about my dark skin. Her gaze made me feel so transparent.

"You-- got drunk and you--you couldn't really function but---but, nothing really." I cleared my throat, the guilt of lying was weighing on me.

I lied for a good cause though. Who would want to hear that they had two breakdowns in one night?

Skeptical, Jasmine stepped closer to me. I stumbled backwards, trying to keep as much space between us. Everytime she neared me, panic would stiffen my bones and tighten its grasp around my neck. It was something about her being close to me that gave me goosebumps.

See Uzi, you can't trust her. I would keep my guard up if I were you.--Demon

"Are you sure?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah--yeah I wouldn't lie."

"Hmmm." She said and eventually strolled away from me.

I stood there, baffled with my own reaction. Perhaps I was confused about a lot of things. How I felt about Jasmine was one of them.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

There on the couch in a recording studio, Playboi Carti and I fogged the room with the smoke of weed. We were taking a much needed break from recording one of our many songs.