Chapter forty five

Rating
|PG13+|mild profanity|

Rating|PG13+|mild profanity|

|JASMINE SANDERS|

He smirked at me, as he pushed his key into the door. His smirk along with the slow clicking of the key, made the hairs on my neck to stand and the pit of my stomach to ache.

He closed the door, snatching my hand.

“Come upstairs to my bedroom.” I started to blush as he chuckled.

What?

“My dog, Mars. You have to meet his silly ass.”

As we entered his room, a small pitbull ran up to us. He was filled with enthusiasm. His tailed wagged quickly side to side. His round black eyes sparkled with glee.

I bent down, his tongue licking my fingers. I was surprised I hadn't met him before.

“Aww Mars, who’s a good boy, who’s a good boy.” I said and ran my hand through the thin layer of fur on his back.

Uzi pulled out his phone, grinning ear to ear.

“You two stay right there, imma snap a pic.”

I held his puppy in my arms, making the peace sign while laughing.

For once, despite all the shit that surrounded my life, I was truly happy. I thought about all the moments I was happy during that time. Most of them were with Uzi. He gave me hell. But he also gave me heaven. He gave me the darkness but also happened to be the flashlight in the dark.

Uzi had his way of making me forget about everything else. Perhaps it was his sweet laughter that could fill up yards. Or his smile that could melt my rock solid heart.

I allowed Mars to scramble away from my arms.

“Delete it, I look stupid.” I tried to sound serious but ended up bursting out in laughter with him.

“Says a professional model.”

I stuck my tongue out at him.

Mars started to bark for attention. He, a mischievous devil started to scramble everywhere, I was almost chasing him. Just as I thought I’d catch him, I tripped and he scurried out of the room.

I tripped and tumbled into Uzi’s arms. Without the dog, I realized how alone we were. That thought made me gulp. I could feel the heat tingling my skin. My blood had started to rush. My logic was blurring away.