chapter six

Rating
|Pg 13+| little profanity|

Rating|Pg 13+| little profanity|

|LIL UZI VERT|

The air was as tense as my stiff body. Cardi B, the woman I needed to help me, stood in front of me. The disappointment was installed in her eyes.

She turned to Jasmine, "Why is he here?"

Yeah, Uzi, why are you here? The demon shook his head.

I glanced downward, heat rising to my cheeks as I swallowed the heavy lump in my throat.

"Because the boss said we need to make a song together, and, umm, if we don't I'm losing my deal--" I croaked in this weird awkward way.

For a moment, the two girls simply blinked at me. They seemed so lost, so unsure of my words. I could practically hear their silent judgments against me.

"I don't want ma' boyfriend to get mad. I'm shorry." She said in her thick Bronx accent.

I watched intently as Jasmine whispered something into Cardi's ears.

Look at you, started the demon, desperate.

No, I'm not.

Needy~ It purred in my ears.

No, I'm not.

Begging somebody to collaborate with you. It continued.

Pathetic.

Useless.

Your mother must be ashamed of you.

"Okay," Cardi interrupted my inner thoughts "I'll do it. Beef can't stob me from gettin' that shmoney!"

I deeply breathed in the misty air around me. My tense body had loosened little. I would have been lying if I said I wasn't feeling a little grateful for the both of them.

"Anywho," Cardi eyed Jasmine, "I have some work to do so I'll see y'all lata'."

"Bye." I croaked, still feeling embarrassed for even asking.

She left Jasmine and me alone in the studio. I looked over at Jasmine, who seemingly had lost herself with a faraway glint in her eyes. She plopped down in an office chair, swinging her legs side to side.