Chapter LI

Trevor knows. Living here is not safe anymore.

I don't know if I should ever tell my mom or not. I need to, I have to because it's the right thing to do, right? But, I don't want to destroy their wedding. Especially, when my mom and Cayden's dad is planning on getting married by the end of the month.

Our prom is coming at the same time. We have 4 more days to prepare for prom and I was thinking of not going because prom sucks and I hate going to prom. Plus, I don't have anyone to dance with.

God, I hate thinking about my mom and the guy I loved's dad are getting married. I guess Cayden and I aren't really meant to be for each other and I think I just wasted my tears on the wrong person, even though I wish he was the right person.

My mom has been planning their wedding since last week. I haven't spoken any word about Trevor's existence here since last week because I was scared. Scared of leaving this town and scared of seeing my mom sad again.

Then, we'll be off somewhere, repeating the things that we are doing. Back to square one where my mom dates every new guy and as I try to blend in with my own surroundings.

"Mom, I need to tell you something—"

"Me too. So, I was thinking. Should I wear my old wedding dress, the one I wore in your dad's wedding or should I wear the dress Liam is going to buy me? Which is so so so beautiful," She said, "See."

Mom puts her phone in front of my face, seeing the dress Liam is going to buy her widens my eyes. "Oh my god, how much is it?" I said, grabbing her phone, swiping through the pictures of the white lace princess wedding dress.

I look at her, "More than sixty-five thousand dollars," my jaw drops as I look at her, dumbfounded.

"Mo-More.. more than six-sixty five thousand dollars? Isn't that too much?" I asked and she shrugged, taking her phone from my hand.

"So what do you think should I choose?" She asks and it's my turn to shrug. I look at her and gave her a sad smile, "Whatever makes you feel happy, I guess," I said, flashing her the sad smile I formed.

My mom starts typing on her phone. When she finishes typing, she locked her phone, placing it on the coffee table. She removes her reading glasses, "So, what is it you want to tell me?" She asked as she sat down on the couch.

Almost lying, tired because of the planning for the wedding. I gulped down the lump that was stuck in my throat, I sat down beside her. I still don't know if I should tell her or not because I don't want to wipe that smile off of her face, even though I hate the fact that she's engaged with Cayden's dad.

"Honey, what is it? You can always tell me anything," She said as she sits down properly, grabbing both of my hands and taking a good squeeze. She flashes me a smile.

"Well, it's about tre—"

The doorbell rings. She stands up and bolted towards the door, I hear her open the front door and made an 'aww' sound. I stand up on the couch, walked towards the door. Seeing Liam, Cayden and his little brother, Will, outside the house, three of them holding a bouquet of 5 red roses.

"These are for you," Liam said as he grabs the bouquet that Will is holding. My mom grabs the 2 bouquets of roses from Liam. "Thank you," My mom says as she pecks Liam's cheek and I can't help but roll my eyes.

"Come in," She said as she steps aside to let them enter the house. "And who is this for?" My mom says and I look at Cayden, his eyes landed on me.

My mom, Liam, and Will entered the living room, leaving me and Cayden in the hallway. He closes the front door behind him as he walked towards me, "This is for you," he said as he hands me the rose.