Ch. 13

*Wilford's POV*

Our brother...was a piece of work. They say every human has their upsides and downsides to them...well, his were mostly downsides. In our opinion of course.

Ever since he was a child, he had no interest in the line of work we were raised in. Most of our family were assassins, even mom, bless her heart...but he was never interested.

We tried to show him weapons and have him train with us but nothing made him more happier than sitting down with a controller in front of the computer dad had bought with his cousin, who eventually grew out of that stage himself. We had hoped they would both grow out of it together but nope, not Mark. Mark had different plans, and that involved video games and...recording.

Although it was rather disappointing losing touch with our brother because of his change of career, we managed to work some time together, especially when we were forced to take temporary residence with him. He wasn't really allowed to expose our identities or anything like that so he made it seem as though his cousin was his brother and that we were characters he made up in his head, which worked better than expected being that our facial features were mostly the same with a few exceptions here and there.

I had a few good runs with interviewing for him while Dark took care of 'taking over' his platform supposedly. And whenever Google got better, he was brought into the whole 'filming charade' too. But Mark seemed to enjoy all of it and was always smiling so...I guess whatever makes him happy.

Mark was definitely a character of sorts...but he was still our brother, which is why we usually will go to him if we need help with situations like this, where our locations are possibly known pretty well.

I shook my head as we pulled into a building a few blocks away from his place. I knew why Google did this but it meant we had to walk quite a bit. But Lily didn't seem to mind one bit.

For someone named after purity and innocence, she certainly didn't reflect it. You would think she would be much like a normal female with a name like that: Proper, weak (as far as physically goes), aware of feelings, very expressive, a talker, pretty...but I guess that is also where she crosses the threshold. Because she wasn't pretty. She's beautiful in her own way...her thought process, her little subtle movements; her smile when it reveals itself every once in awhile... I feel like I'm on Cloud 9 when she smiles at me...It's truly heavenly. Especially since it is always so hard to draw out of her but it will be my sworn duty to always be able to put a smile on her face! I promise!

"Wilford, you coming?" I looked up to see she was looking over to me.

"Oh, er, y-yeah!" I grabbed my things and ran over to catch up to her. When I reached her, I offered a sheepish smile which she returned with just the rolling of her brown orbs...

Dark and Google were right: I am falling for this woman. Hard.

*****************************************************

*Lily's POV*

I still don't know how to describe Wilford. In the beginning, I thought of him as being an egotistical, pink loving, attention grabbing, insolent little kid. But as I've been stuck with him...I don't know. He's still a brat, clearly. But I may need to find new words to describe him now.

Maybe...a goofball with a big heart that is bound to get shot down with a harpoon and taken out to sea? Or maybe even a loudmouth whose cheek will get hooked and dragged off into the sea...why am I thinking about the sea?

I shook my head and continued walking with the others. We were walking because we had to seem as though we had nowhere in particular that we were going so we'd be less suspicious.