Ch. 37

*Lily's POV*

We looked up to the voice and found it to be Kevin on the balcony, clapping his hands together slowly. "Well fucking done Wilford! Are you proud of yourself? Hm?" He walked around up there. "Are you fucking proud of what you've done?! You've ruined my fucking project!"

"Lil," Wilford muttered softly, "Does he have a gun?"

I observed Kevin as he kept ranting on about things being ruined and I muttered, "No..."

He nodded some and as Kevin was about to continue, Wilford whipped out his gun and shot, shooting Kevin right in the chest. Kevin yelped as he fell backwards and off of the balcony. Down down down went the man and he fell with a resounding, "THUMP!"

As we approached him hand in hand, he was struggling to breathe.

"Must've knocked the air out of him," Wilford commented, chuckling as he put his weapon away.

I nodded and smirked some before looking down to Kevin. "Alright Kevin, your time is up. Have any last words?"

He paused and looked up at us. "Just two-" He held up a button and pressed it, grinning. "Good luck~"

I blinked and we looked around till I heard it-there was...there was ticking. Somewhere in that place a bomb was ticking!

"Crap. Wil-"

"Let's go!" He took a stronger hold of my hand as we ran out of there, hearing the man laughing hysterically in pain.

Wilford and I ran through the building and we reached the elevator but, the doors were wide open and the cord that held up the elevator was cut! 'He was planning on taking us out!' "Shit!" Wilford shouted.

I shook my head and took lead. "Come on, let's see if there are any stairs! This building wouldn't go without stairs!"

We ran around and eventually, we did find stairs. The only problem was: they only went up. "What the hell?!" I yelled angrily. "Who makes a one-way staircase?!"

Wilford groaned and looked behind him. "Well, it's the best we got. Come on!" He took lead once more and we ran up the stairs, I barely noticing his stomach was dripping blood. 'He-He got hurt?! When???' "Wilford, your wound-"

"We can worry about that later! We need to get out of here first or else it won't really matter!!!" With that, the conversation was dropped but my worry increased as more blood seemed to flow more frequently. 'At this rate even escaping will be next to impossible!'

As we reached the next flight of stairs, he suddenly stopped and held onto his side with both hands. "F-Fuck..."

"Wilford!" I helped him before he fell and steadied him. "Come on, you need to rest-"

"There's no time for that Lily! We don't even know how much longer we have!" He tried to straighten but failed as he cried out again and fell to the floor.

I shook my head and sat down next to him. "Well, at least let me try and help!"

"W-We don't have-"

"Shut it!" He stopped trying to fight back as I tore off a large portion of my shirt to wrap around him. As I lifted up his shirt, I noticed how bad the wound actually was. It was a gash that was meant to kill. It was a miracle he was even alive...

I shook away the thought as I quickly tied the new cloth around him and lowered his shirt down again. I bent down to him and helped him get up. "Come on Wil, let's get out of here."

He nodded as we both began to pace up the stairs, him holding onto the railing with his left hand while I supported his right side.

Eventually, we made it to the roof and we walked out, looking around but finding nothing. Then, that's when we heard it: "BOOM!"