Ch. 21

*Wilford's POV*

Lily-or shall I say Lil- and I walked through the doors together. Heh, together...that's a good word. Together, being near or in the proximity of another...I looked over to her. Yep.

"Wil?"

I blinked, breaking from my thoughts. "Y-Yeah?"

"Could you concentrate? We have a mission you know."

I nodded, chuckling nervously. "Sorry. Spaced out."

She shook her head. "Well space man, please come back to Earth at least for now, alright?" I nodded and we began to look around the area. This Kevin guy was pretty normal looking in the least sense as far as we could tell. It would be a little difficult to actually get to him really-

Lil took my arm and nodded in a certain direction. I looked in the direction and saw he was talking to another associate. 'Huh, I guess it wasn't that hard.'

She pulled me in a different direction to talk. "Alright, how should we do this?" she asked lowly, looking around some.

I blinked. "Never extracted someone?"

She shook her head. "Er...no. Not without killing them...and I think this one we need to keep alive."

I chuckled softly and looked around. "Well..." I thought to myself. "I don't think we'll be able to get him out of here really...but maybe we can watch him and see what he does, pick up any information by passing him by."

She nodded, looking over to him. "Well, let's hope he's a bit of a chatterbox like you..."

My eye twitched as she just chuckled. Maybe I've gotten too close to her at this point...

We began walking around, maintaining a close distance to him. Seemed that he was mostly muttering to himself; likely had bluetooth or something. But, we weren't catching anything important.

Lily groaned in annoyance. "This feels like I'm back in the CIA..."

I blinked. "Really?"

She nodded. "They often just sent us to get intel but, oftentimes all we got was a whole lot of nothing..." She shook her head and thought to herself. "Well...let's try something else, shall we?"

I looked over to her, tilting my head. "What?"

She smirked softly and as a waiter passed by, she grabbed a drink and began going over to 'Kevin.'

'What the hell is she doing?!' Before I could stop her, I could see the little 'accident' she caused.

*Lily's POV*

"Oh I'm so sorry!" I cried out in a slightly remorseful tone as he looked at me, annoyed.

He seemed to pause only momentarily before taking out a rag, shaking his head. "It's fine ma'am."

I shook my head. "Here, let me help with that."

He held up a hand. "No. It's fine."

I sighed. "Well, at least let me offer to get you something. I kind of just ruined your suite."

He seemed to pause as he was trying to sop up as much as he could with the rag. Then, he looked up to me with those reflective glasses of his, fixing them. "...Alright."

I smiled lightly and offered my hand. "I'm Karen."

He took it, smiling only a little. "Kevin."

I nodded and led him over to the bar. We got drinks and began talking casually as the man at the stage began talking to who I assumed were possible investors.