Ch. 28

*Wilford's POV*

Lily and I have become separate. By that, I mean that she's been dodging me and I her. I still felt weird about the move I pulled on her...

But I knew I couldn't avoid her forever...

I sighed as she got up from the table shortly after eating breakfast and took off upstairs.

Dark watched her go up before asking, "Wilford...did something happen between you two or something? Usually you two are always together it seems..."

I looked down. "I...I may have tried to kiss her..."

He tried to stifle a laugh but part of it still came out. "I-I'm sorry, what??"

"I was weak! I was weak and tried to make a move and now, we're like this!" I held my face in my hands. "I feel awful..."

"...Have you had the ch-chance to t-tell her about what we f-found?" Google asked.

I looked up to him and shook my head. "I...I kind of wanted to see if she had any idea about it before but-" I smacked myself in the forehand with the butt of my palm "-Wilford Warfstache has screwed it all up!"

Dark rolled his eyes and laughed. "Wilford, you're both acting like children who just found out that one likes the other. Eventually this sort of thing either slides or is confronted about sooner or later..." He paused. "But she deserves to know at least that maybe her life was...you know..."

"Fabricated," Google finished, taking a sip of his coffee.

I nodded some. "Yeah, I know...but-"

"Yes it has to come from you," Dark answered before the question could even come out of my mouth. "She trusts you a lot more than any of us. We would just be wasting our time."

I nodded again and got up. "W-Well...then I guess I'll go try talking to her...yeah...I'll...I'll do that..." I began trudgedly walking towards the stairs, trying to figure out what I'd say to her.

As I did this though, I heard Google call out, "I'm pretty s-sure you can wa-alk faster than that W-Wilford!"

I looked back at him, my eye twitching. "Thanks-I had no idea."

"You're w-welcome!"

I sighed and began walking up the stairs at a faster rate, my heart pounding from within. What the hell would I say to her? I mean, she's already uptight about her past as is; why would she say anything now?

'She trusts you now...maybe she'd trust you with more information?'

I sighed as I just went with that and knocked on the door. "Yes?" she asked the door.

I hesitated before saying, "Hey, it's Wilford. M-May I come in?"

I could feel her pause before coming by and opening up the door, looking out to me with her torso blocking the way in. "What's up?"

"May I come in?" I asked again.

"Why?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. I guess she suspects that I'll try to do something else to her.

"Look, I'm sorry about the other day. I-I don't know what came over me. I'm an idiot, I know but...if you have any sort of belief in me, then will you let me in?"

I saw her staring at me, searching my eyes for anything at all that would make her say no. But, with a sigh, she opened the door more and I walked in.

I sat on the bed and she sat on the bed as well, putting space in between us. "So...what did you want?" she muttered, not really looking at me.

I looked down. "Look...I've just been kind of curious about your past. You haven't ever really told me much about it and-"