Ch. 22

*When they got home*

*Wilford's POV*

I parked the car in the driveway, staring at my wheel. I had felt so much fear in my heart when I saw her like that. Saw the way he was talking to her, saw the way her face changed from calm to confused. I saw the way he was simply smirking at her and I couldn't stand it.

Right when the lights came out I grabbed her from him and took her out of there, her not really paying any attention. She seemed lost throughout the whole car ride as well, as though she couldn't grasp what just happened herself. I wanted to ask if she was ok but, I had to wait until we made it to the house.

I had to wait till we got home.

I was about to look over to her when I saw the door suddenly close, her walking out and into the house...I guess Mark just left it open.

I exited out of the car along with the others and they looked over to me with a questionable look.

"What happened?" Dark asked.

I shook my head and looked to the house. "I...I don't know. She's been off ever since I guess her cover was blown..."

I couldn't get myself to move. I couldn't get myself to follow her.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked over to Google. He stared at me with a firm grip. "Wilford. Go to her. Now."

I felt my limbs come back to me as I nodded, heading into the house.

I passed by the kitchen where Mark was. He was checking to see if things were alright but I didn't answer as I went upstairs.

I saw the door was closed but before I could attempt to open it, I began to hear...banging. Something bashing against something else, along with growling. Eventually, the growling turned to roaring and it became more prominent that she was hitting something...

I didn't know what to do or if her door would be open this time so I waited. I waited until the bashing stopped. I waited for the roaring to be over...I waited...and waited...

Eventually, it did stop and the only sound I could hear was heavy breathing.

Hesitantly, I knock on the door. "Lil?"

"What?!" was the response.

I was hesitant to respond, knowing that with most women, it wasn't good to try and pry at them when they were in a bad mood.

But...Lily wasn't most women.

"C-Can I come in? Please?"

There was a pause. Then, with a soft 'Click,' she unlocked the door...but didn't open it.

I took one last breath before grabbing the door handle and turning it slowly. I entered, not looking at her as I gently closed the door behind me.

Then, I raised my eyes to meet hers. There was a burning rage subsiding within them along with something else I couldn't comprehend as I hastily looked away. Then...my eyes caught her hands and I blinked, making sure that my eyes weren't deceiving me. He hands were red and seemed to be bruised along with some blood residing around them. "L-Lil, y-your hands!"

She looked down at them blankly, as though she couldn't feel any pain or was even slightly worried about the ordeal.

I quickly left without saying a word, running over to the nearest bathroom and grabbing the basket of medical supplies there. Then, I came back to see her still staring somewhat blankly. I shook my head and grabbed her wrist softly, trying to be careful not to touch any of the wounds on her as I led her to her bed.