Ch. 23

*Wilford's POV*

After that point, she seemed to be a little less uptight. Just a little but...even a little more is progress. And she seemed to be a little less annoyed in talking to me if I do say so myself. She even calls me Wil more often when addressing me and...it's nice...

It's nice to be this close...

But...

I looked over to her as we were discussing our plans. I...still wanted to be with her...

I still wanted to get to know her...

I still wanted her...

I'm trying to go slow. I'm trying to let her get comfortable...but I'm not sure what else she needs. I just-

We heard the door open and multiple voices speaking. "Come on Mark, it won't take that long to grab things!" a man's voice spoke,

"Guys, it's ok, you don't need to come in!" Mark tried, raising his voice. "I really wouldn't want to disturb the spirits here!"

"Crap," Dark, Google, and Lil all said at once.

We quickly moved and made our way to a separate room. But then we saw all of them coming down and we jumped into one of the rooms.

"Mark calm down. You've been keeping us away from your house for about a month and have forgotten a million things because of it!" another man-or maybe a boy's-voice lamented.

"I said I'm sorry!" Mark whined.

"Alright, where did you put the props?" the man asked.

"They should be down here. I just hope that there are no aliens here in the room down the hall that we are walking to!" Mark called.

I looked around the room and found there to be multiple items scattered. 'Crap!'

We looked around and began to try and find different places to hide in-from the closet, behind some drawers, behind the couch, and I hid behind the door.

"Mark who the hell are you talking to? You don't need to make every moment like that," the man commented as the door opened, letting in Mark with two other guys that I recognized from his photo-Tyler and Ethan.

Mark laughed nervously. "Well, you know me, just um, just trying to lighten the mood..." Mark looked around and then saw me. His face paled as I moved behind the door again.

"Mark, you ok? You look like you've just seen a real ghost!" the younger one, I presume Ethan, spoke.

"Ah ha, well, you could say that," he muttered some. "L-Let's just get going-"

"Hey, where's the board-is it in the closet?" the other voice, Tyler, asked.

I poked my head out of the side of the door and shook my head furiously at Mark and he got the hint and dashed over. "Here! I'll check!" he yelled, opening the closet some and coming out with the board. I sighed in relief lightly and moved back behind the door. "Alright, c-could we please get out of here now?"

"Yes Mark, gah, it's like you're afraid of us finding something," Ethan muttered.

"What? Nah, I don't have anything to hide from you all! Trust me!" he pushed, laughing lightly.

Soon, they exited and after a little while, the main door closed.

We all breathed and came out of our hiding spots. "That...was close," I commented.

"Agreed..." Dark commented, shaking his head.

"He needs to get on a schedule if he got that far off that his friends had to come over..." Lil commented, gazing over to the front.