Chapter LII

< Listen to If This Is Love by Ruth B. >

I grabbed my books from the locker and was startled when Amelia greeted me. I look at her with an annoyed look as she plasters me an innocent smile, she grabs my books from my hands and returns it inside my locker.

"What are you doing?" I asked her as she arranges all of my books and notebooks according to my schedule. She memorizes my schedule but she doesn't memorize hers.

"Didn't you hear? All students are helping to arrange the gym for the prom. Apparently, the officers of this schools want us all to participate or else, we won't be able to join the prom," She said as I roll my eyes.

"Oh yeah, how was Trevor?" She asks as my heart sinks in. I looked at her without uttering any word. How did she know about Trevor? I didn't even mention Trevor's name to her.

"What?" I said as I laugh sarcastically, sounding a bit scared at the same time, "Ho-how... What? What are you talking about? Trevor who?" I said as I look at her. A look that's begging for answers.

"You know, I sent you a message yesterday. I told you that he was at my house and was looking for you. He told me he needs to tell you something important and so, being a good best friend of yours, I sent him your address!"

She smiles at me, "Isn't that great? I did something good?" She placed her hands on my shoulders as she starts jumping up and down as I shake my head, wanting to bang my head on the wall.

"What the hell. Why did you do that?" I said as I remove her hands from my shoulders, "You should've told him nothing at all. Like, what kind of person who's going to tell a stranger her friend's address?"

"Well apparently, he's not a stranger to you. Plus, I know that he's not because he knows your name," She defended herself as I roll my eyes at her and looked at her with an annoyed face.

"Just because he knows my name it means he's not a total stranger already!" I said as she was startled at what I just said.

"It looks to me that he's not a stranger because it's like you are saying that you know him so well," She said, "And stop being mad for what I did, I just helped you," She added as I take a deep sigh.

"Well, you're not helping," I said as I locked my locker and left the hallway without her. I bumped into someone as the person grabs my wrist. I stopped in my tracks and turned around. The mad version of me was gone and was replaced with a sad version.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Cayden said as he caresses both of my cheeks with his soft hands.I tilt my head, touching his hand on my cheek, closing my eyes. I took a deep breath and opened my eyes.

I might be crazy at this point. I should be ignoring him right now but I just can't. Because whatever I do and wherever I go, he's one step closer to me and every time I avoid him, he keeps on appearing in front of me.

I look at both of my left and right sides, looking a bit paranoid. "I just want to get out of here," I told him as I look into his eyes and he nods his head. His hand drops as he holds my hand.

"Just tell me where and I'll go wherever you go," He said as I plaster a sad smile on my face. He kisses my forehead as he drags me outside the school.

***

We both got out of his car. I felt the breeze of the last winter caressing my skin as I walked towards the beach. This is where he brought me the first time. The night where he told me about his family and the night that I was supposed to tell him what happened to mine.

"Tell me what's wrong," He said as he grabs my hand as we near the bench. He sat down and I sat down beside him, watching the waves of the beach.

"Trevor."