153. Not So smart,are we?

"Choose one," The man said,his face masked in darkness.

"You know,you're not very creative in killing your victims," Jane said,her voice failing to convey the the confidence she tried to show.

"And why is that?" The Killer mused.

"Well,you got the idea from a sherlock Holmes book,so not very original. For someone who claims to be a serial smart killer,you are not creative at all."

She was too scared to focus on what was happening. All that rushed through her head were her careless mistakes she had made that fateful morning. If she had just stayed in bed,this whole thing would have not happened.

This morning's event looper in her head like a film. She still felt the hands around her mouth as the chloroform infused cloth slapped over her nose,blocking her airways. How the world had faded around her as if it was disintegrating. Then later,when her eyes fluttered open only to reveal a room with red light and rope burns around her wrists. She still found herself in the room,refusing to believe that any of this was true.

"Take your time," He smiled,his teeth glinting in the dim red light.

"Well,I can't move my hands now, can I?" Jane sassed.

"Well,we can't have that,can we." He walked around the room,quickly unfastened her hands,then retreated to his seat across from her.

Jane brought shaky hands to the table surface and saw red narks the ropes had left around her pale wrists.

"I take my pills with water," Jane ordered.

"So dies everyone else." He grabbed a flask from underneath his sear and placed it on the table. "Noe choose one. One is poisoned,and the other if perfectly normal. Take the poisoned one;you die. Take the normal one,you live. Whichever pill you don't choose,I will swallow. I have player seven tines. I have flirted with death seven times,and won-"

"Obviously." She returned dryly.

Her mother had always warned her that sarcasm would end up killing her. She was probably right- they would find out soon enough.

The two pills in the middle of the table would determine her future. She reached forward and picked the one on the right,sealing her fate. She held the tiny white pill between her thumb and index first finger,and turned it,inspecting it.

She glanced up at her kidnapper. He raised a brow and reached forward to take the other one. He put it in his mouth and swallowed it. Then he asked her to do the same. Jane put the capsule in her mouth,then grabbed the bottle and took a sip. Jane felt the pill go down her throat along with water. As soon as it was down her throat,she knew she had made a big mistake.

She glanced at her kidnapper who swallowed the pill,then looked down at her,smiling that evil smile. Then he began to laugh. He laughed and laughed as her vision blurred and her breaths became shallow. Then her breathing stopped altogether.

Why did the kidnapper manage to always take the harmless pill each time?