Chapter Four

I'm in utter disbelief when we arrive at the club. There's a line that spans two city blocks to get in this place and there's paparazzi everywhere. I've never seen so many cameras in my life, I don't like it either. Something about the way the paps sit and wait for hours just to snap a few photos of a celebrity seems pathetic and annoying. It takes a special kind of human garbage to make a living off invading the privacy of other people.

"Sam there's too many people here, let's go somewhere else."

Unfortunately for me, she seems to be absorbing this chaos better than I am, the corners of her mouth form into a sinister grin.

"Did I forget to tell you I got us put on the VIP list for tonight? The guys who're recording at the studio hooked us up."

"Shit Sam, are you kidding me? That's awesome!"

My face lights up, it may actually be fun to be one of the "it" people in LA, at least for just one night.

There's a sign directing the VIP's to pull their vehicle up to the valet stand. Thank god, Richard lets me drive his Corvette, it's a fast and sexy car in the color of midnight blue. He originally gave it to me as a company car, but now he lets me drive it anywhere. There's no way we could've pulled up in one of our vehicles to this club without risking utter embarrassment. Even the Vette pales in comparison to the Maserati's, Rolls', and limos lined up at the curb.

Sam looks at me and smirks, she knows what I'm thinking. Neither of us have to say a word, we don't live in this world. Under normal circumstances this is definitely not our crowd. I shift the car into park and take a moment to absorb my surroundings. For the love of me, the valet is even hot as hell.

"What's with this city Will? Do people just become hotter when they cross the borders of the greater Los Angeles area?"

I quietly shrug my shoulders; I'm distracted by the limo that pulls up behind us as the valet politely and efficiently escorts Sam to the curb. Cameras start flashing, the vultures have been awakened and to no surprise they're completely relentless.

The passengers make their way into the fresh night air. Our jaws drop, we look at each other in disbelief, then look back at the hotties who just climbed out of the car. Truthfully, I'm not even star struck; I am just appreciating the beautiful male creatures that happen to be in my sight line.

A bead of sweat drips down the nape of my neck and slides the entire course of my back. I feel Sam's eyes staring straight through me, I can't blink which makes my eyes start to water.

"Will," Sam shouts as I nearly run into the driver's side door of the Vette. "Willow, what the hell was that? Where did you just go?"

"I have no idea, but I think I just eye raped the guys from One Direction."

I inhale a deep breath to compose myself. Lark and Lily fan girl over these guys on the regular which makes me feel ridiculous staring at them like this, but I can't stop myself. They're just that good looking, I'm in awe this entire situation.

"Let's get inside before I make an ass out of myself."

Sam shakes her head at me and giggles to mock my embarrassing moment.

"You sure you're good to walk?"

"Yeah, I'm good now. Just promise me that if that ever happens again, you'll put me out of my misery."

"Anything you say Willow."

I hand the keys to the valet and I try to ignore how all four of the guys graciously stop to shake hands, hug and take photographs with the fans who apparently heard they were attending tonight.