Chapter Thirty-Two

We stop at Snowflake Gelato on our way home. Both of us getting a different flavor so we can share. Harry orders kiwi banana and I decide to try something completely different; white chocolate and rose water. Once Harry has finished paying, we head out the door to continue our walk.

"What the hell is white chocolate and rose water? It sounds like it's made from a bath bomb."

Harry giggles and shakes his head at me.

"I don't know, live a little, try something different Mr. Fruity Gelato."

I slap him on the shoulder teasingly. I take a quick taste and it's like the flavors are making love with my taste buds.

"Baby try it, it's delightful."

Apprehensively he leans forward opening his mouth accepting the spoon I'm offering him. Sticking his tongue out of his mouth before I place the spoon in. It's simply adorable watching him eat, he always does that.

"Mmm. Forgive me for doubting you, that's really good!"

He raises his eyebrows and smirks in delight.

"I stand corrected, this is a great choice love. Here try mine."

I try the kiwi banana and not exaggerating, it's fantastic as well. I think our little treat has created a deep-rooted appreciation for the Italian dessert.

"So good!"

"I told you."

Playfully he swipes some of the gelato on his fingertip and taps me on the end of my nose with it. Deep chuckles erupt at the surprised look on my face. He's continued to be playful throughout the day, yet somehow, he continues to catch me off guard.

He quickly uses his napkin to clean my face off, then grins triumphantly.

"If that's not the most cliché romantic move ever, I don't know what is. You're such a goof." I pause plotting my revenge. "Oh, Harry I forgot to tell you something."

He stops walking to pay complete attention to whatever it is that I have to say. I've distracted him to retaliate against his gelato attack. Ha, now Harry has white chocolate and rose water on his nose.

"How dare you woman!"

I squeal as I run ahead of him and dart into the lobby of our loft. Catching up to me and wrapping one hand around my waist while still balancing his frozen treat he leans in giving me an Eskimo kiss. Apologetically he rests his forehead on mine. We both giggle to ourselves and he places a sweet peck on my lips.

"Here you go love, let me clean you up."

He quickly cleans my face then his own before we step onto the lift to go upstairs.

When we get to the front door Harry unlocks it, and as always, he's a gentleman letting me go in first. The moment I walk into the living room I drop my gelato on the floor. I'm instantaneously sick to my stomach.

"What the fuck is going on?"

My voice is shrill with distress, anger, pain, and frustration. Perched on the couch is Harry's half naked, model, ex-girlfriend. Black stilettos, black lace thong and matching bra. She looks like a fucking call girl. If I wasn't about ready to pass out, I'd go over and snatch her by the hair and drag her out of here. I only know who she is because of the paparazzi pictures I've seen of them together, it's not like he ever discussed her.

Harry hasn't walked into the living room yet, but he rushes to my side worried when he hears me scream.

"Baby what's wrong, what's going..."