Chapter Thirty-One

Considering I'm the farthest thing from being a morning person, I'm in shock that it's 7:00 am and Harry and I've already christened the en suite. And now instead of going back to bed we're preparing to get ready for our day. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't exhausted, but I think the excitement from the trip is helping me push through it.

We quickly put some clothes on before we Facetime Sam and the girls. Although they should be in bed right now, Harry and I both know that Sam and Niall are doing their best at being the fun aunt and uncle, letting them stay up as late as they want. Whatever the case, it's the perfect opportunity to call them with the huge time difference between London and LA.

Both of their smiling faces light up the screen, and they look like they're having the time of their lives. It's hardly been 24 hours since we left, and Niall and Sam already took them to Disneyland as promised. They go on and on about it for a good 15 minutes, not once stopping to take a good breath. Both trying to tell us their favorite things; they continue interrupting each other because they're so excited.

Under normal circumstances I would correct them for rudely speaking over someone else, but it's hard to stop the chatter seeing how happy they are. I don't know how to properly put into words how it feels to see the pure joy on my childrens' faces. It's indescribable; all I know is that I wouldn't trade it for the world.

"Girls we have to get going, but I love and miss you so much."

Harry snatches the phone from my hand.

"Be good while we're gone. Puddin', make sure you're reading twenty minutes a day. And Sunshine if you need help with your homework ask Auntie Sam. Uncle Niall won't be much help."

The girls and Harry giggle, they love his ridiculous jokes. I can't stop smiling, he's really into being parental, making sure the kids are doing their homework and just getting them to smile. He's one in a million for sure.

"I heard that Harry."

Niall calls out from across the room.

"That's what I was hoping for mate. You know I can't resist giving you a hard time."

"I'd think something was wrong with you if you didn't"

"Exactly! Ok girls, I love and miss you so much. I can't wait to see you soon. And get to bed, it's late there."

Both girls chime in at the same time, their brains are so alike they often speak in unison.

"Ok Harry, we love you too. And you too Mama. Bye!"

The moment Harry hangs up the call I smile. I can't resist teasing him.

"It's wonderful how they're so ready to say I love you to you, and I'm just an afterthought."

"Well I am a lot cooler than you, so that makes a lot of sense."

"You're hysterical Mr. Styles."

He giggles and drags me back to the bathroom for our shower.

"Time for your shower woman. We have a busy day ahead of us."

***