Chapter Eighteen

The sun is blazing through the expanse of large windows. Mother Nature has claimed ownership of the day. The brilliance of gold and orange hues is breathtaking, it creates a glow which blankets Harry's sleeping figure.

Most early mornings the sun's presence annoys me, but today is different. Instead we're on friendly terms. I'm not a morning person, but apparently sleeping in the arms of the man you love, aids in a good night's rest. Waking happy and fully rested has done wonders to erase my typical angst towards the break of dawn.

Harry is peacefully dreaming; his eyes are fluttering under their lids. His chest gently rises and falls, I'm memorizing the pattern of his breathing and heartbeat. I enjoy listening to the whispered melody. It's a perfect orchestration, producing a gentle flow, a masterpiece if you will. I'm perfectly content without any desire or need to do anything else.

I lay wrapped in his arms for a while, but I think it's time get the day started. I gingerly lift his tattoo laden arm from my waist and escape his tight grasp. I don't want to go, but I haven't figured out how to make coffee from the living room floor. Although I'm fairly chipper this morning, coffee is still required to get me moving.

I scoop up the discarded robe I wore the night before, then tie the belt around my waist. A sly smile spreads on my face, remembering the erotic moments we shared by the fireplace. The entire experience was exhilarating and liberating. I wasn't ashamed of my body, and it felt good being vulnerable and comfortable at the same time. I'm becoming hooked on the rush of it.

Harry made everything perfect for me last night. The least I can do is let him sleep while I make some breakfast. I have no idea where anything is kept, so I prepare myself for a mini scavenger hunt around the kitchen. However, it feels a little awkward snooping through his cabinets and drawers while he's sleeping. Thankfully, it's not the bedroom or bathroom where most personal items are typically found, that would feel like a complete invasion of privacy.

I'm delighted to find we have the same sense of logic regarding the organization of kitchens. Everything is exactly where I would place it in my home. My thoughts get derailed by the phrase, my home, repeating itself in my head.

It takes zero effort to imagine living here together. I know this fantasy is entirely premature, but somehow the idea lingers in my mind. I would've never given it a single thought before this moment. Cohabiting with another man, let alone someone amazing like Harry, seemed absurd before we met. However, the insinuation isn't so farfetched anymore.

From the spark of our first touch, my life has been a blissful hurricane. Everything feels so different now, my world has been flipped on its head and spun around. Like a tossed coin spinning on a table, waiting for it to land on heads or tails. The anticipation is freely surrounding me, but the only difference with this situation. either way it's a win for me.

I've been swept up in the wave that is the life and love of Harry Edward Styles. I'm drowning in it; this is something that has enveloped my heart and soul. I'm not imprisoned, I just have this overwhelming feeling of safety and ethereal love.  These sensations are completely new to me, and although they're scary, they're just as beautiful.

I shouldn't over analyze the possibilities, there's no sense in driving myself crazy, wondering where this relationship is going. I've fallen in love with him, and somehow that makes it easier to push the anxiety of the unknown out of my mind.

Last night was incredibly exciting, so much that I forgot about my phone. He has that effect on me, forgetting about the existence of time and space. I suppose it's time to ease myself back to the reality that there's a world outside this enchanted bubble we've created.