Chapter Nine

***Warning adult content. Not recommended for young readers. Another note, if you don't like it don't read it. Just move along. For the rest of you, enjoy the second rebooted version of this chapter***

I wake up dazed and sleepy with the night sky still lingering outside. I've woken up because I'm not used to someone else sleeping in my bed. I'm enjoying having a warm comforting body next to me, it's just gonna take some time to get used to. Even when I was married, James never made me feel safe like this.

He was either passed out drunk on the couch smelling of liquor and sometimes vomit, or he'd wake up angry and get rough in bed with me. It was never in a playful way; it was always about him getting off. Once he was satisfied, he would roll over and forget I was even there.

Somehow, I know that I'll never feel that way again if Harry and I start a relationship together. Maybe that makes me crazy to put my trust in him so easily after all that I've been through, but something is just so different about him. I want to learn more about what that something is, and strangely I feel like I deserve to find out. I don't know why I'm doing this late night deep thought contemplating instead of just enjoying being wrapped in his arms. Sometimes I just need to let things be and stop over analyzing the why's and what ifs.

I reach over and grab my phone from the nightstand to see what time it is. It's 4:27 and most definitely not time to get up, I'm going back to sleep.

Harry's body stirs when he senses the movement from me shifting in the bed. He rolls over to spoon me and I let out an arousing sigh. I feel his hardness grinding against me as his cock's instinct to the early morning hours. And yes, morning wood is most definitely a thing.

In between states of sleep and cognizance his words are sluggish when he speaks.

"Baby, why are you awake?"

His length is still rubbing on my backside.

"I'm not sure, but do you mind telling me what you're planning to do with that thing?"

I giggle shyly.

"I haven't fully decided, but whatever I do it's gonna be worth waking up for."

Stretching over to the nightstand he turns on the dim bedside light, while carefully analyzing each of my curves. Taking me by the shoulders we're now face to face, and in a swift motion he spreads my legs and settles in between them.

"I think I was made for you; my body fits yours perfectly. You see the way your curves match mine? Everything fits into place impeccably."

He continues speaking as he traces his fingers along my side and down my thigh.

"I can think of countless ways to be with you right now, but I only want one thing."

"Oh yeah, what is it that you want Harry?"

"I wanna make love to you, can I?"

His tender words make my heart skip a beat. I don't think he realizes the power they hold. The weapon he wields can either cause irrevocable damage or offer me some long overdue emotional healing.

However, I don't think he's capable of causing such harm. I can't figure out why his forward approach doesn't scare me. I have every reason to keep my guard up when my heart is involved. But it's impossible to resist him, something in my gut tells me that he's going to be my safety net. And like a moth to a flame, I'm drawn to his security.

I can't look him in the eye, I never had the need to address emotions of this magnitude. I don't have a clue how to act in a situation like this. He tilts my chin up forcing me to give him the eye contact he desires.