Chapter Thirty

***Warning adult content. Not recommended for young readers. Another note, if you don't like it don't read it. Just move along. For the rest of you, enjoy the rebooted version of this chapter***

It's my first morning in London and I'm happier than I can ever recall being. Although my body is exhausted, it seems I have a bad case of jet lag. Harry and I slept through the night; never once did I leave his embrace. Regardless of how tired I am, my mind understands I belong in the UK. It really has nothing to geographic location, it's because of him, this is where his heart will always long to be. Harry is my home, and I am his. No matter where we go if we're together we're home.

Waking up in bed next to him makes the world seem brighter, more so than every single day before we met. But today is the brightest imaginable, something's different about it in the most spectacular way. Sunbeams make their way through the large glass windows. They're a welcome sight, creating a cheerful glow which dances across the clean, white walls. There's an overwhelming warmth blanketing my entire being.

In the silence of the early morning my mind can wonder about so many things. The only noise is the soft sound of Harry's gentle breath as his face is nestled in the crook of my neck. Lost in my own sweet reverie I've come a realization that Harry loves living in a space with tons of windows.

Both the London flat and his LA home are filled with them. Large picture windows which invite as much of the outside world in, while still maintaining as much privacy as possible. It's a delicate balance that can be difficult to manage. Yet somehow, he's figured it out in an effortless manner, just the way he does with everything else.

My guess is that he enjoys letting the outside in because he doesn't get to spend much time outdoors. Enjoying himself in the sun isn't as easy for him as it can be for others. Very rarely is it safe for him to be out alone for extended periods of time, and the privacy is minimal to nonexistent. Maybe in his mind this is the closest thing he can get to being one with nature, I think it brings him a tiny sliver of peace.

It leaves me to contemplate what his London house looks like. Is there a private garden? Is there an outdoor sanctuary for him to just be, with no care in the world? I truly hope there is, he carries the weight of the world on his shoulders and he deserves a serene hideaway. My guess is it'd be like the garden at Anne's that he's told me about, the one he and Gemma played in as children.

Now that I've finally met Harry's mum it's easy to see how he's so compassionate and grounded. She's an amazing woman, I've never met anyone quite like her. I'm sure there's a million fond memories growing up in her home. I'd give anything to have a sneak peek of what those days looked like. But I'm grateful that sometime during this trip I'll get to see her loving home in Holmes Chapel.

As for today, I'm looking forward to exploring London just the two of us. I'd love to visit Hyde Park and maybe take a walk to Abbey Road. I've seen both in pictures, but I'm sure the reality of each is much more beautiful and iconic in person. The pictures of the rose garden, old buildings, and statues in the park look timeless.

I've always dreamed of wandering around absorbing it all, taking a stroll back in time. I was never a fan of history class when I was in high school. However, I've always been intrigued by the idea of being surrounded by it. Feeling the energy of those who existed in the past, imagining what their lives were like. Back when my life was much more challenging, I would daydream of living in simpler times. I'm happy where I'm at now, visiting historical places is more than enough to satisfy my curiosity.

I'm really hoping we can remain under the radar long enough to see everything, because sooner or later someone is going to figure out that he's back in the UK. Thankfully for now there's no word and I want to enjoy it for as long as we can. It's peaceful, and I love having Harry all to myself.