Chapter Ten

The next time I open my eyes the daylight has long since made its first appearance. I feel the need to take my morning stretch, but my efforts are being drowned by Harry's sleeping arm draped over my torso.

Despite not being able to move I can't stop smiling, taking my time to relive the memoir of my evening with him. The memories float peacefully around my brain while monopolizing my thoughts. I enjoy quietly lying next to him, and I'm holding onto these moments as long as I can.

Eventually I hear someone shuffling around in the kitchen. I slither my body out of Harry's loving clutch and head to the bathroom. Before leaving my room, I stare at Harry's beautiful toned and tattooed body, tangled in my sheets. He's breathtaking, I don't want to take my eyes off him, but I decide to stop watching him so I don't feel like a creeper.

I slip into my favorite sweatpants and hoodie then make my way to the kitchen. My feet are making a soft padding noise on the hardwood floors beneath my feet. I'm trying to make a little noise to alert Sam that I'm heading her way. I'm not trying to sneak up and scare the shit out of her. I step into the kitchen to see the beautiful California sun is forcing its presence into the room.

"Morning Sam, how was your night? What time did you get home?"

Sam sarcastically glares at me with pursed lips while she is pouring herself a cup of coffee.

"My night was great, but somehow I think yours was a little more eventful than mine. I shared a cab with Niall, and I got here around 3:30 or something."

"Well, it seems we are both lacking in sleep this morning."

I reach my hand into one of our refinished off-white cupboards and grab my favorite mug. My girls made it for me at one of those paint your own pottery places for Mother's Day two years ago. The sight of it is making me feel sentimental, taking my thoughts to another place, somewhere else, but not in this room.

Sam's voice retrieves my thoughts bringing them back to this moment.

"Hello...Willow Jasmine Wishart...is there anybody in there? You have a bad case of the, next morning post sex brain, don't you?"

I shake my head and blink a few times to gather myself.

"I'm sorry Sam, what were you saying?"

The moment these words leave my tongue I feel Harry's arms wrap around my waist from behind. He sensually greets me by kissing my neck in three different places. After each one he pauses for a moment then continues. My body melts into his when he quietly utters in my ear.

"Good morning Beautiful."

Sam turns away from the counter after making herself a bagel and she's startled by his presence. Her knife drops to the floor making a clinking sound when the metal lands on the linoleum.

"Shit...Harry I didn't know you were here. Damnit, you scared the crap out of me."

My voice is still heavy from lack of sleep and a raspy chuckle rises from inside me.

"Oops sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

Harry apologizes sincerely.

"It's fine. I don't know why the thought never crossed my mind that you were still here. Never mind, none of my business. Anyway, how was your sleep?"

Sam nods implying the question is for the two of us.

In unison we reply.

"Wonderful."

Harry tucks his hands into the front pocket of my hoodie rubbing small circles around my belly. He's slumped over with his chin perched on top of my head. It becomes obvious that Sam has no idea how to navigate this conversation without making it awkward, especially for herself. Let's face it, we're all adults and we know what happened last night and it was far from innocent.