Chapter 13

Stepping out onto my balcony, I watch as the evening sky is filled with hues of red and orange . The sun has almost set , and is slowly drifting from sight behind the tall mountains . It's getting colder each day , and that isn't good for my now shivering body .

I tuck my hands under my armpits for warmth they provide , just then there's a honking of a car horn . I'm curious as to who it is . I made it clear to Collin to stay away but he is quite stubborn . Even tho I wouldn't mind if it was him , I would hurriedly throw my arms around him and cry and tell him how much I miss him , and how this  sudden emptiness I feel inside is eating me alive.

Maybe I was too harsh on him , I really try my hardest not to call him every 10 minutes, so it's a good thing I don't have my phone  . But i want to hear his voice . I need to feel him . To smell him , that intoxicating smell of his that has me dazed .

Remembering that someone's outside , I make my way down the stairs, heart thumping in my chest wondering who it could be . All the will power I conjured not to give in to him is slowly fading away each step I take towards the front door .

My hands slowly make their way to the knob and another knock resonates through the wood and I spin the knob slowly opening the door .

I'm greeted by Liam's bright green eyes , smiling smugly at me . The glow from the evening sun lights up his blonde hair making him look like an angel . I slowly release a breath I was holding in , feeling both disappointed and glad it wasn't him . If it was , I would be a sobbing mess .

"Hey Adri" he smiles at me while holding a white rose out to me .

I smiled genuinely for the first time this evening .

" Awww , this is so sweet of you " I said while hugging him .

Then I started wondering if maybe it was Collin that had sent him with the rose for me . That would mean he was thinking of me and maybe the flower was an apology .

" Did Collin send this ?" I asked

" N-no Adri , I picked it up for you , I heard about what happened at that party . And I know I can't correct whatever Collin has done but it's my responsibility to have his back as his Bet- .. his best friend , and you need to know that he doesn't mean to hurt you in anyway possible . I know i can't tell you to look past how dominating he is , but just be patient with him , there's a reason why he's like that , I'm sure when he's ready he'll tell you .. he'll tell you everything"

The three boys always have some secret to keep for each other . Always whispering and growling at each other (which is odd) , and I really wanna know what the " he'll tell you everything" is about .

" I don't think he'll ever wanna talk to me again Liam , I practically told him to stay out of my life yesterday morning , and now the guilt is killing me . It's like I'm being punished physically , I looked drained " I tell him

" Trust me Adri , he would rather die than stay away from you , I'm surprised he hasn't burts down this door to come get you . And don't worry you'll get better soon - you just .. " he trailed off .

"I just what ?"

"Nothing " he said while scanning my face .

"I almost forgot " he continued while taking something out his back pocket . It was my phone .

"Rodrick said to give it to you " he told me .

I thanked him and we said our goodbyes and I closed the door . I pass my father passed out on the couch and walk quietly up the stairs so I don't wake him .

I unlocked my phone only to find that I have  messages from Rodrick and my sister from the night of the party .

Rodrick - I thought you said you were gonna stay on the down low